Sign in to follow this  
Truckntran

Miscuts on SX 15

Nobody seems to be seeing my post on the competitior board so I thought I'd post here.. Got an older sx -15 that works great except on longer and complex decals  it starts to get off track or makes really ugly noises.. I have noticed it seems like it is going a bit fast, when I get home I'm going to try slowing down the cutter speed and see if it still does the miscuts.. parts of the design end up a few inches from where it is supposed to be, it is always off in the x direction ( paralell to the edge of the machine left right) and never off in height.. I'm using DR Stika, got version 1 with the machine so had to download drivers to use it with Vista..

If I attempt to do a larger design with an outline, like plain letters inside a 1 foot by 3 foot box, the box outline ends up being skewed to teh letters by up to half an inch.      If I try to do a large splash  with letters inside of it, one line may end up fine, but the line nearest the right side of the cutter may end up miscut by over an inch, or some of it is fine and the rest is shifted up  (cutting in landscape) and ends up off the splash..

ANy things to check?  Did clean the rollers, reset blade, try a different blade....Only thing I haven't done is buy a new 24 inch Graphtec....  :)

I'm not much help, I don't know either the machine or the software. I sure that is why others have not answered your previous posts.

Jay