Sign in to follow this  
hobbymom

Photoshop to SignBlazer

I have designed a bunch of items in Photoshop. I used two or three colors in the designs. How do I get them into SignBlazer in order to cut the colors separately. Is there a way that I should save them in Photoshop or when I open them up in SignBlazer, is there something specific that I should do? I have tried a few things, but can't seem to figure it out! Please HELP!

Thanks!

I think I can, but whenever I save as an .eps it doesn't open in SB. I can get it to open in other apps, but not SB. I don't know if I need to change some settings??

When in SBE are you trying to "open" or are you trying to "import"?  You should select file import them navigate to where your file is.

My problem isn't opening the file. I can open it as a .jpg, .bmp, etc. My problem is them being able to cut it in two separate colors. For instance if I have a word that is in black and a clip art that is in red, when I pull it into SB, I can see the colors, but when I vectorize it becomes one color. I need to be able to cut the two separate colors. Does that make sense?

If I understand correctly, you import them you change to monochrome, then vectorize. Which in turn makes your colors all the same. Now after you vectorize your image, you should select what is color (a) then pick a color at the bottom of the page, then select what is color (:angry: and pick a color at the bottom of the page. Now you have your image 2 color select cut.

Photoshop is a raster based program and works with images in pixels, plotters and the software that drives them need to be vector based (lines and arcs) even though you can save a file as an eps from many raster programs it does not make the file a vector graphic.

Here is a quick tutorial about rastor and vector, of course it is not in Signblazer but many of the features are availbale in SB and most vector based programs.  http://www.signforums.com/tutorial/video/rvect/rvect.html

You can only export paths that you have created in Photoshop to Illustrator as an .ai file. First you must create a 'Vector mask in Photoshop of the layer you want to export. You can then Export the file to an illustrator ".ai" . It does include vector paths, but they are not compatible with anything else it seems but Adobe Illustrator. I couldn't even get them to import into Inkscape properly.

The problem i have not overcome yet, is how to get signblazer to import them.  Supposedly in Photoshop you can hold down CTL and drag objects to other programs, this I cannot get to work. Or you can use the move tool to drag and drop layer/vector paths onto other programs, again I can't get it to work.

Kevin