Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

Does anyone have a hibiscus flower that has the inside cut out?

Hello, my niece wants to get a hibiscus flower to stick on the taillights of her VW Beetle.  I have a couple but they are all filled in solid. She wants to have the outline of the flower with the inside area open.  I hope that makes sense.  The brake lights need to show through still.  Maybe you've seen some on some of the VW Beetles? Of if someone knows how I can reverse it so the inside is cut out and it has kind of a thick outside line left?  I use Flexi and I would need it in eps format. 

Thanks for any help you can give!! :huh:

That's really pretty!  But I was thinking something more simple like this one I attached.  But like I said it needs to cut out the inside and leave kind of a thick outside image of it. Know what I mean?  (I'll attach the eps too in case someone wants it.)

post-5111-12986548157944_thumb.jpg

trflower1.eps

post-5111-12986548169616_thumb.jpg

trflower1.eps

I imported your image into SignBlazer.

Edit + Select All.

Manipulate + Outline/Inline. (Outline .15 + Keep Original )

Edit + Select All again.

Arrange + Combine.

Jay

I don't have Flexi. It must have an outline feature though. Start with that. Then there must be a function similar to combine that take multiple elements and mekes then one.

Jay

OK, thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out.  I guess I'll post a question under the Flexi part if I can't get it to work.  I tried outlining it and it gets thicker, but when I go the the cut page, it shows a whole bunch of lines where it shouldn't be cutting.  Thanks for your help though!