Sign in to follow this  
remus

Need help locating some info

I have a customer who has a 2004 F250 Crew Cab & he wants the Harley ghost flames that came on the Harley edition truck.....Does anyone know where I can find the factory specs for these ghost flames? I have a pic of some on a truck & I know the general design of the flames, but need the specs to see how long they are & the height of the flames....The customers truck is not around my area, so I can't measure it....So it's locate the specs or off to the dealership for some secret measuring....

I have seen that post before & it is some scary stuff....I do know this person personally & have known him for over 20 years...Also I am just talking about ghost flames, I don't think that just ghost flames can be copyrighted, can they???

just about anything could be copyrighted i would have thought, but if you know the guy personaly i think your pretty safe (not that i condone any copying/reproducing of copyright work etc etc blady blah)

Nothin on there website/brandsofthe world you can find ??

I have seen that post before & it is some scary stuff....I do know this person personally & have known him for over 20 years...Also I am just talking about ghost flames, I don't think that just ghost flames can be copyrighted, can they???

If it is somebody's unique art (individual or corporation) it can be copywritten.

Jay

I am going to do the flames by hand in Inkscape so I will not be copying anyones work....I will change it up a little here & there....What I am mainly looking for is how long & wide they are....I have a picture of the ghost flames on a Harley Ford truck, but I need either the measurements of the flames or the trucks measurements....I have no truck to measure, so I am looking for the flames measurements....

if someone has a 2004 F250 measurements from back of the front wheel well to the front of the back wheel well & how high is the crease in the door from the door bottom... Is there any way to find this info out? Are do I just have to find one & start measuring - (that could get you shot around here)

Anyone have any ideas??

Here is my 2004 F250 diesel measurement as follows front fender 7 1/2" front door 48 1/2"  back door 21 1/2"  38" from back wheel to front  of bed then that little space behind the back door 9 1/2".  Hope this helps need anything else let me know

from bottom of door to bottom of trim piece 4 1/2"

Picture096.jpg

Mr300....thanks for the measurements, they will be a good starting point....If I need anything else I will let you know & again thanks