Sign in to follow this  
camillekindle

Mighty Press Help

We bought a Mighty Press 16x20 and have used it probably around 10 times. It wont clamp shut anymore. We have to hold it down now. Could we have broken it because we applied the wrong pressure? Any help would be appreciated. We thought we may have broken it but we are unsure...thanks!

Guest fivestar

There's a bolt on the arm that holds the upper platen, towards the back....Check that and see if you have to tighten it.  THat happened to me once.  It locks for a second or so and then "pops up"?

it doesnt lock at all anymore. I think the last thing we pressed before having this problem was a hoodie and I dont think my hubby changed the pressure for this. I will go play with the knob and tell you if anything changes.

Yay!!!! I played with it and it worked!!! You rock! I should have asked this question like 5 months ago. We thought we broke the thing and lost out on a whole lot of money!

Guest fivestar

it doesnt lock at all anymore. I think the last thing we pressed before having this problem was a hoodie and I dont think my hubby changed the pressure for this. I will go play with the knob and tell you if anything changes.

It's not the pressure knob....it's behind it....Here's a pic.

post-0-12986547807346_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986547823802_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Yay!!!! I played with it and it worked!!! You rock! I should have asked this question like 5 months ago. We thought we broke the thing and lost out on a whole lot of money!

I see you got it.....Great........5 months ago I wouldn't of been able to help you.....Mine just happened a couple months ago.... :(:);D