Sign in to follow this  
gogetemgraphix

how do i get adobe eps to open in signcut

i have an adobe photoshop eps and it won't open in signcut. i have tried several things to get it to open, does anyone know what i need to do?

thanks

lue anne

If you open an eps or other supported vector file in photoshop it automatically changes the vector image to a raster image.  When you save it as eps from Photoshop, it contains the new raster image, not the vector.  So what you probably have is an eps file that has a raster image in it instead of the vectorized image that you need.  Photoshop doesn't do vector images.

Post the file so we can look at it.

Guest Terry

Thats true, you can see the rastor loading. It's no longer a vector file. I don't open any in photoshop, only in illustrator, then I send it to my cut program. (Flexi and Win PC.)

I really only use photoshop to adjust or fix an image that I am trying to get a good trace of. 

Or to doctor photographs to blackmale friends.  :angry:

You wanted something cuttable right?  I thought I understood that you didn't want the black background.  Is that correct or did I misunderstand? 

Anyway, here is the eps traced from the jpg file... It is a long long way from being ready to cut though.

kindred -dg.eps

kindred -dg.eps

lol i knew you would recongize it  :D i needed it to be cuttable so the background (black) would stay because i have to cut it in 8x12 sheets....i will cut it in white, put on a black sheet and see if he likes it that way...i might have to cut in grey also and reverse weeding to add that. but this is what i was needing and thank you very much! sorry i wasn't clear on what i was needing before. got any angels you could send me?  :angry:

that ole saying....be careful what you wish for.... :huh: that is a nightmare to weed! the skull works out fine but those cross bones...just arent' working  ;D  ;D thanks for all your hard work on it guys.

lue anne