Sign in to follow this  
hayride2

Cutter not communicating with PC

Hope someone can help with this!  Last night in the middle of cutting a graphic the cutter went across the vinyl and stopped.  I tried to cancel it but it showed "not responding" so I closed the program and restarted it.  When I tried to cut again it gave me an error that it could not initialize the cutter.  I have tried everything! I restarted the computer and the program several times with the same results.

Has this happened to anyone else?  I don't know if the problem is with Signblazer or the PC Cut. I checked all the settings and they are correct. I haven't a clue as to what to do next.  Please help!

Are you using the PCut?  Sorry, I'm not sure I read it right.  If you power off the cutter, and power it back on, what do you see on LCD screen?  If you're connecting USB, does the USB Serial Port show up in your Device Manager?  If not, check to see if it shows up under Other Devices.  If it's there, try updating your driver.  Go to support.uscutter.com=>Downloads and download the FTDI drivera again.

If this doesn't work, or if it doesn't show up in the Device Manager at all, unplug the USB cable, and power off the cutter.  Wait for 20 seconds, and plug the USB back in, and power up the cutter.  And see if that doesn't change anything.

And if all of that doesn't work, try swapping out the USB cable, and use a Serial cable if you can.  If your can't, or if this doesn't work, contact US Cutter Support at support.uscutter.com