Betterbait

License Problems

I have tried just about all I can.  SC pro was and has been working since June.  Today I go to cut and it says it is running in Test Mode!!

I tried logging into SC website with my email and licesne number but every time i hit log-in, it just resets to blank fields.  I tried crerating a new account and the website throws up all kinds of server errors.  Am I going nuts?  Is somehow the Signcut server down?  I need to finish some jobs now and nobody is responding to my help requests.  Live Online support has been off-line all day.  This is no way to get repeat customers guys.

Cmon

Email is betterbait@bellsouth.net

Hi Bait,

I checked with Sign Cut, and they appeared to have some problem with that yesterday.  You should be able to login to your account today.  If not, contact them by sending an email to their support team.  The email address is on their website.

Additionally, if your SignCut is running in Test Mode, have you checked to make sure that your license has not expired?  It will usually do this, if it has expired, or if you've gone over your transfer limit.  Either way, check with Sign Cut.

I understand your frustration.  I sent them a support request awhile back and never heard from them then out of the blue a couple of days ago I get an email that said they found my request during an audit and noticed that I had been using the software so was the issue resolved?  I mailed them back no and had to explain the problem again.  Their solution was to uninstall and try to download again.  I did and when tried to open it told me my license was expired (9/20/09 start date).  Seems all the times I had to uninstall and reinstall the program just to get it to work used up my license.  I am very behind on customer orders so I went to their website and bought a one month sub. so I could get caught up over the thanksgiving break but although they took my money (verified by CC) they have not updated my license so I am just hung out to dry until they come back from their break.  I really don't understand why it has to be this difficult to get any issues resolved with them.  Really frustrated over the whole ordeal and it is a shame because I really like Signcut I just wish it was a little more "stable" and reliable.  What alternatives do I have besides SBE?

Needed to vent,

Chris

Glad to see you had a place to vent, I hope your issues have been resolved and your refund has been sent to accounting for processing. Unfortunately there was a unique problem with your licensing and we did try and resolve it. As far as your issue being unresolved and then "Out of the Blue" you were contacted we audit all of our support tickets from time to time to be sure our customer base is properly supported. This is why you were contacted out of the blue.

Granted you had an unresolved issue but once it came to light we did work hard to help you resolve it again after hours and on a holiday weekend, I personally oversee the support cue and work extremely hard to see that users are not left in the dark simply because the business day is over or their regular operating hours have been exceeded.

Should you need additional assistance after your refund please feel free to contact me personally.

kimon@signcutusa.com

Kimon don't think I don't appreciate your dedication to your customers by working after hours and holidays because I do and I was doing the same.  As far as my issue being resolved it isnt.  The only advice I got from tech support was uninstall and download from the link they provided.  I did and now I have more problems than I had before.  Now after every cut SignCut "drops" communication with my cutter and I have to unplug and restart it, every time.  Also after every cut now the kknife stays down and it did not before downloading from the new link.  SignCut will now also not let me choose it as the default program to open my eps files.  I also now get an error fault everytime I close SignCut and when I contacted your support I was told it was a issue with my computer.  I am not trying to cut on your product because I really do like SignCut and absolutly love inkscape but I have to look at more "stable" options to run my small business.  As soon as money frees up I will be replacing SignCut, until then I will work around the problems I have.  

You may contact me at redrub04REMOVE@yahoo.com.  Take out the REMOVE.

Thanks,

Chris

Setting the default for eps files is not done from our software it is an association done from your operating system. I reviewed your ticket and the techs advised you to right click on an eps file, then under advanced or options choose open with and change that to signcut or any program you choose to make your default.

Signcut does not drop communication, but is dependent on the communication between your computer and the plotter. You might try replacing your cables. Your plotter blade staying down after cutting is a strange issue for sure, and might be hardware or software related. I do not remember which plotter you are using but I personally have never seen that issue before.

I looked into the error you are receiving and it is a registry error, you need to clean up your registry and then the error will go away, there are many registry cleaners out there one you might try for free is Revo Uninstaller.

What you were told was to try and clean up your system and then try again to see if that cleared up your errors.

In general you have some issues but unfortunately they are caused by multipul issues replacing signcut could solve some of them so could following the above advice.

Please also try pushing the red reset button on your plotter after cutting instead of unpluging it, if that does not work try unplu8ging the usb cable and tell me if that resets your plotter.