Sign in to follow this  
remus

My design will not cut right

Hi....I used to be on here as Uncle Remus, but somehow it would not let me log on under that name.....Now I have a serious problem, I have some time into designing a Texas masonic emblem for a customer....All is finally finished, i thought anyways, but when I go to cut the design it cuts out the Texas, & part of the compass & ruler, but will not cut the complete image....Any suggestions?;D

I have attached the files in question....any help is greatly appreciated....

masonic.eps

masonic.svg

masonic.eps

masonic.svg

What happens when you are cutting?  Does it just stop in the middle of the cut?  What does the LCD screen on the cutter say after it stops?

No nothing like that, the cutter completes the cut as usual, but half my design is not cut out....the Texas outline is perfect & part of the compass is fine, but none of the ruler & the detail on the compass is just missing.....I have designed & cut out 100's of designs & this is the first time I have ever had this problem & i am lost on what the problem is....I assume it is something in the design that i did wrong, but have no idea what.....

That's weird, if it's completing the cut, and the parts are missing, I would think its the blade.  It could be dull, or you might need to stick it out a bit more. 

Other than that, I would like know what's on the LCD of your cutter after it finishes cutting.  What's your cutter and cutting software?  And make sure that the correct cutter driver is selected for your cutter.

I tried everything, but just figured it out - I exported a bitmap image of it & then re-traced it & now everything appears fine.....thanks for the help everyone....

remus,

Try the one below. My guess is your design was not welded together. The reason you were cut just a portion is due to most likely you have two shades of black there.

I welded the parts and is one solid black. If your cutter is stopping in the middle at random area then you have too many nodes or data for your cutter.

Test small piece before you go crazy!  ;D

masonic[3].zip

masonic[3].zip

Thanks for the help....I have it cut out now....I re-traced it & then everything cut perfectly, I think you was right about it not being welded together....I just got in a hurry & left out that step.....