Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

Signs placement (street)

Hi there

I've noticed in my area a few of this kind of signs, lots of them lately.

4x8mobilesign.jpg

mobile_sign.jpg

Now I'd love to make some signs for my business (the fulltime one) to have them on some road with heavy traffic, but my question is:

Do you need a permit to do that ? I know it really depends on where you live and the applicable laws there, but I'm looking for a rough idea of what's involved into all this. I'll call the number on one of those signs to see what are they charging.

I'd like to get a full sheet of coroplast (4ftx8ft) and get 2 big signs out of each, maybe frame them and set them on the ground semi-permanently, not everywhere of course but on those places where the builders set their signs (dozens at once)

Where I live, temporary signs require a permit, and are only allowed for `30 days.  I think the permit is $15-20.  I think there are also restrictions on distance from the road, etc.

gotta have to check with the county office. Seems like there's a way to do it, I won't think another company will sell space to other businesses juts because they own the mobile sign

I think they mainly rent those types of signs to businesses that put it on their own businesses property and still need a permit to do so.

A few places have them as permanent signs on their own property.

(A couple local Hot Dog Stands)

If you have a friend that owns his own business and property you may be able to cut a deal with him/her and place one their advertising your business.