Sign in to follow this  
American And Proud

871,third time Trying to cut this, STOPS 2/3rds the way.

:thumbsup: Been TRYING to cut this 3 times now, cutting along then it just STOPS about 2/3rds the way to being done this 871 is Pissing me off.

3 yards of black WASTED. :thumbsup:

Can't cut straight angled cuts with this thing and now can't cut a 20"x30" ink blot test.

post-5921-12986547007823_thumb.jpg

post-5921-1298654700854_thumb.jpg

post-5921-129865470247_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986547025222_thumb.jpg

The vinyl in the cutter now has 7 of 56 left to be cut and it just STOPPED AGAIN!

WTF! :thumbsup:

This is the J-Peg , I took it and converted it in Illu. using Live Trace had someone look the file over and he said it should be good to go, and to have fun weeding it all.

post-5921-12986547009359_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986547025737_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

I'd say too much info for your cutter.  You're probably filling the cutter's memory up and overloading it with info.  That's one of the problems with a Refine, now a GraphTec or Roland would have no problems with that, dunno about the other machines US Cutter sells.

It feeds a little info at a time, wtf you have to edit it's file size like when posting a picture?

What happens when I want to cut 30" letters for a trailer?

This MH871 just seems pretty pathetically Useless then.

Guest fivestar

So in other words I gotta run out and buy a Roland to do basically anything.  :thumbsup:

Or a GraphTec, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Something you could try if you haven't done so is open file up in AI and use the simplify path feature to reduce nodes. And try again cutting.

No guarantees but it may do it for you.

it is not about the size.....  it is about how many nodes /info/data is in that file..  not the size of it being  20" x 30"   Honestly I would put all that in my Graphtec.  From the looks of all those files,, That file would have more info than doing several of my Wizards at a time,, 

Guest fivestar

A&P post the eps I'll run it through my GraphTec....She's a beast.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Guest sciondrgn

The PCUT is the same way. It can be overloaded very easily on long cuts with a ton of nodes.

If/When I hit the Cancel button on the Cutting Tile box it just does not respond and say Not Responding and just sits there locked up no matter how long you wait or even hitting control alt delete then trrying to close it still no responce and am Forced to shut down the computer and restart it.

There isnt a way to Continue were it left off once it *ucked up?

Seems like a crap shoot cutting filesin sbe and with the MH871, you have no clue whether it can or can't, no problem just toss the vinyl out in the trash and try cutting somthing else huh?

Guest sciondrgn

You could just try cutting one rows worth of images at a time. You could also try another cutting program. I personally hated signblazer, I had to many issues with the cutter not cutting and stopping through the design using USB. My PCUT only had USB so I couldn't switch over to Serial.. If you are using USB I would try Serial to see if it improves.. If using USB you can also go into your port properties and make sure the "Serial Printer" option is checked and that helps some on USB

A&P post the eps I'll run it through my GraphTec....She's a beast.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Here it is, I'm not like mader, I get PISSED when i've been had by a company.

The file is to big to post here.

Guest fivestar

Sending file to Fire through email.

Still didn't receive it.....you sure you sent to correct email?  that's FIVE not FIRE......Dunno if you sent it to wrong email address.

Guest fivestar

There she's coming over the email now.

Guest fivestar

Cutting her right now.........Also printing on my Roland at the same time both through Flexi.

Show off Five, suuuure he has all the toys :thumbsup:

Hope you get it fig out AP, that would be very frustrating for sure

Guest fivestar

She cut no problems at all........but I'm not going to weed that.......  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Show off Five, suuuure he has all the toys :thumbsup:

Hope you get it fig out AP, that would be very frustrating for sure

I watched Maders long post on his troubles with the MH871 because mine does the same darn thing, I was watching , waiting, hoping for a FIX, instead, after all that, he got the typical classic "Bait And Switch" routine, NOT a Fix for the cutter he bought.

Now I can't cut a file of 56 little 3"x2.5" ink blots either, or files with angled straight cuts without them being cut jagged, thats BS.

I Expected this cutter not to be able to cut small tiny details, but not to be able to use it for general type 18"x24" signage is ridiculas.

Looks like Sign Outlet Store near me has the Graphtec CE5000 with free stand free shipping free software Free Loaner Free Tech support and 2 year Warranty. for $1,495.00.

Seems I and others are getting a $400.00 friggin paper weight.

(And for those that got working units, I am happy for you, still Don't make MINE work right though.)

Then suckerd into upgrading into a higher priced machine.

I always planned on upgrading, looks like it will be sooner than I wanted too though.

She cut no problems at all........but I'm not going to weed that.......  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Thanks Five, so my file is FINE right?

What model cutter do you have? I Need to get a working reliable cutter/software package, and the MH871/SBE is NOT it.