Just got it all assembled. It went like a breeze. If you can put together a cheap Wal-mart entertainment center, you can put this together very easily. I just put the pen adapter on for now just to play with. I used the serial cable to hook it up. My cheap Dell has 2 serial ports on it so if your computer doesn't have one, I would either install one or get a computer that does.  I threw away the USB cable. In my business,  USB is worthless. I only use USB for jump drives, and they sometimes have problems.

Anyway, fired it all up and loaded up a vector file in Signcut and then Flexi. They both drew beautiful. It really wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. I guess I haven't heard a Roland to compare to. Getting ready to load up the blade and test some vinyl now.

Where is a good place to ground the cutter? I figure probably a screw on the stand, but where on the actual cutter? It is of course mostly plastic.

Thanks

OK. Got the blade in and cutting OK. I need to tweak the offset a little more. Maybe the blade height too.  Blade seems to cut ok but the inside joints in letters are not finishing the cut. Just got to play with it some more. I could have never realized it would be this easy. I should have done this years ago!!

This is gonna be addicting. I'm already staring at signs everywhere just to see what colors and fonts they used! I'm sure you guys do it too, right??

OK gettin late. Want to play some more, but this thing is a lot louder now that everyone is trying to sleep!! At least I can sleep easy that it all got here in one piece and it working just fine.