Guest Terry

AIRBRUSH KITS

If I had any artistic talent I think an air brush would be cool to play with.  But, my skills are pretty much limited to designing on the computer.

Guest Terry

cut your mask out with cutter for your stencils. Then fog with airbrush,or add color to your vinyl graphics.

Guest Terry

You might be amazed at how simple it is, the brush does the work. Start with a simple test... Cut some small flames and weed normal or in reverse for your stencil. Then lightly ghost them in with different colors. Or cut flames then before you weed them airbrush some yellow, red, blue etc... then weed and apply your transfer tape. The less paint the better. You don't want a defined edge on paint, just a light fog effect. Or do a test for clouds... Take a huge ball of cotton pull and shred edges... hold up and fog the edge of cotton in your hand, this gives soft cloud effect. Try with blue background and white for clouds, remember less is better just adjust air presure low. WATCH VIDEO:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PINSTRIPE-PINSTRIPING-AIRBRUSH-STENCIL-TEMPLATE-Kafka-2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63702QQihZ010QQitemZ200161748606QQtcZphoto

Guest Terry

Here is just a real quick example. It's yellow vinyl with a little white blended from the bottom, you could now add a bit of red, then fog a little blue in to the flame tips.

post-0-1298651362005_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986513639587_thumb.jpg

I have an airbrush, haven't used it in a while, you got me thinking, maybe it's time to dust it off and start using again. by the way what kind of paint do you use?

I've used laquear on metal in the past  but not on plastics or vinyl

Great Job!

Guest Terry

Well I don't do much on ebay, but for those of you that do... You will have the upper hand if your graphics have some color next to the ones that are 1 color vinyl cut. Any little color added lightly will stand you out next to the others.

Guest Terry

Yes I use lacquer if I'm using the cutter for stencils on a car or bike etc... because it dries quick and you can apply many colors quickly then clear coat. But if its a stencil for pinstripes I use one shot sign painters enamel. If I'm foging over vinyl... again one shot or model airplane paint. I have LOTS of One Shot because when it was big I use to do hand pinstripes with a brush on custom vehicles.