Sign in to follow this  
seretni

Helmet finished + Tinting shields questions

Hi, i havce finished painting recently a helmet for a client and the overall design looks great except for the visor (sorry im not english how its called? visor, shield, glass??  ;D) that i think i should tint in order to make a perfect design. I have found in ebay tint at fairly good prices but im not really sure how to do the job.

Should i pre-cut the vinyl with the form of the shield or should i apply the vinyl and then cut the leftover?? Wt or dry aplication?.

In the case i should precut is there any program that has templates of shield brands as there is software with car brands?? if not how would you recommend me to make the shields outline in vector?

Thank you.

Never did it, but I'd tri the film close to the size of the shield, wet app for sure, and trim the excess.

Hopefully you'll be able to remove the shield from the helmet, if not that's gonna make it really tricky.

where are you from ?

Guest sciondrgn

You might also want to check in pricing an already tinted shield for that brand of helmet. see how the pricing is versus spending money and time on doing it yourself it may just be cheaper/easier to buy one pre-tinted

oops sorry, i posted in the wrong section  ;D

In that case i will post pics of the helmet finished, to keep on section.

5cELzAGOZ1F51orO33oR0.jpg

Dont you think a red shield would be cool ?? ;D

Im from Spain, here tinted shields cost around 70