Sign in to follow this  
Spidermurphy

Problem with vinyl on glass

I am using Oracle 631 and 651.  I am trying to apply a graphic (not large), 6" x 5" on the glass of a picture frame.  I've done several and they all have bubbles.  How do I prevent this from happening?  The glass is very clean.

Paper app tape. Wet app. Glass is hard not to get bubbles when doing a dry app.

You need to start from one point, either center, or one edge, and squeegee firmly outwards or from one side to the other.

However, you can do a wet app, if you don't have any fluid mixed up or bought, you can use water or window cleaner.  Some people get better results with this, but you still need the glass to be totally clean.  Spray it on the glass, apply decal, squeegee liquid out, squeegee more, eventually you will be able to get the app tape off.

Midwaste here told me in the beginning when I started, the trick to no bubble is pressure, and working from the inside out. Place your glass on a clean flat surface and use good heavy pressure. When you watch the videos on youtube of people applying vinyl, it just looks like they are wicking the squeegee across the vinyl lightly, when in fact they have developed a technique, that you will learn, that allows them to move fast and apply the needed pressure to avoid bubbles. Once I got decent at it, I could apply 24 tall letters with almost no bubbles. And most of those will go away in short order with exposure to the sun.

Kevin