MikeWire

New cutter ordered and on it's way

Hi all! Just wanted to say hello and thanks to all that have posted useful info about purchasing an entry level machine.  I'm starting out with the MH-721 (w/ stand) from USCutter to cut stickers for my auto enthusiasts club.  I figured I could save a little money and make some at the same time getting my own setup instead of paying someone else to cut them for me.  Thanks to USCutter and the eBay auction I won I only need to sell ~100 stickers to break even - can't beat that!

Anyway, I also got my roll of 24" x 10 Oracal 751 for some long lasting window decals from signwarehouse.  I need some application tape, but I'm hoping to find something local. 

I'll be reading up in the other threads - thanks!

Mike

Thank you - I was really hoping to get a Pcut, but decided to go with the MH-721 after seeing the auction prices going up and up.  I waited for a few days watching and finally was a winner.  I read it's a really decent cutter to get started and learn on.  I suppose if the jobs come in and the $$ is right I can upgrade later, but for now I'm going to put this one to the test.

I don't know if it would help anyone, but I could take a few pictures as I unbox everything and get it set up.  I know it would have helped me (pre-sale) to get a better idea on the size (height, width etc.) and all the equipment in the box.  Just a thought!

The 721 is a good cutter to start with. I got mine a year and a half ago on ebay and it's done everything I've needed to do with it.

Guest kenya

Hi Mike.......... Welcome to the forum.

The 721 is a great cutter. I've owned 3 different USC cutters & you can't go wrong with the price or the product.  :huh:

Thanks guys, I have the box sitting here on my living room floor.  I'll unpack it here in a few when I get in in my office!

Welcome Mike. I'm fairly new here myself.

Like you I just got my MH-721 a couple days ago. I'm still tweakin it, but overall it is pretty damn good. Better than what I expected.  I lurked on this forum for months until I decided on the 721. I know a lot of people seem to have problems with this machine but mine is running perfect. I guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones.

Thanks again for the replies.  I got my MH-721 last week and unpacked it down in the office and while I was at it I took a few shots with my camera.  I thought it may help some pre-sales and questions about what shows up on your doorstep after ordering.  If it's something the admins don't want on here, or want it in a different section please do whatever you need to do.  :huh:

Anyway, here it is as I got it and unpacked it:

DSC_3383.jpg

DSC_3385.jpg

DSC_3386.jpg

DSC_3387.jpg

DSC_3389.jpg

DSC_3394.jpg

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_3404.jpg

DSC_3405.jpg

well, you got the US Cutter logo right-side-up which is better than I did.

Now,how about some pics of your first cuts?

Sure, I have been cutting and testing a few different vectors including a couple of mine that are originals I made in Illustrator.  I'll post some of my tests up in the submission forum.