Sign in to follow this  
cox signs

i need computer help

i seem to have gotten a virues somehow i have ran my virus scan and it shows ok i have mcaffe some how i have this cyber security on there now and it keeps poopping up i cant get rid of it i tried to unstall it but it wont let me it keeps blocking websites how do i get this off here? i have windows xp thanks in advance

with those a lot of times even system restore will not help. They are a royal pain to get rid of. Since you have McAfee go to their website and search for the program your having trouble with. They will probably have a removal tool to run to get rid of it.

Those things scam a lot of people because they tell you to pay to get rid of it. When you pay they do get rid of that one but install 2 more and ask you to pay to get rid of those.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Download and run the free version.  It will take it off.

This.  And if that doesn't work, d/l a tool called ComboFix.  It will definitely work, although you should back up anything important first.  ComboFix is the nuclear option for viruses.

Guest fivestar
http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Glad you got it off, but you still will want to download and run the free version.  Run it about once a month to keep your computer free of unwanted malware.  Also be very careful in using Combofix, it is a "last resort" file to me.  It can wipe out stuff you don't want wiped out.  As midwaste stated it's the nuke for virus', which always can have collateral damage.