Sign in to follow this  
bombora007

Double cut residue really getting to be a pain...what do I do?

So, this time I took pics to demonstrate whats going on. In short, every time I cut something, the cutter cuts it twice, as in, to make sure it got cut. So, it appears to go over every line twice. And as before, it leaves these little stringy things behind that are messy and ifthey get under an application, with cause a visible mark, like a hair under window tint...

It can make things that should take 1 minute take 10 and is starting to make this not worth messing with.

I am resonably sure that I am not cutting 2 images, I watched the video a few weeks ago that someone kindly posted, and messed with all weeding settings that I know of...

Ugh. Anyone? Please?

post-5197-12986545921137_thumb.jpg

post-5197-12986545936551_thumb.jpg

Down in the lower right of the screen is a small panel with >> to scroll through options. Scroll through until you find Nudge settings. Set the horizontal nudge to 5". Select your text and Ungroup everything. Select outside of your text (so nothing is selected) Select one of your pieces of text then hit the right arrow key. This will move your text 5" to the right. Go to View and turn on Outline mode. Make sure there are no other elements under your text.  Sometimes especially with vectoring an out line is left with the shape. The nice thing about doing it this way as apposed to just dragging is you can move it back to the exact same spot.

Jay

Wait, my nudge is set to .04 now...shouldnt this be set to 0.0 so that the blade goes over the exact same area instead of off a tiny bit? And I just saw the duplicate amount tabs there also,...

Im assuming "nudge " means to nudge over on the second pass, but also duplicate could mean the same thing...Should this be on 0.0 also?

Can I screw with these settings and mess anything up?

Hey man, thanks sooooooo much for pointing this out...Waiting for your next set of info, thanks man!

Bombora,

there should not be a second pass, what Jay is trying to show you, is how to find out if there are multiple layer of the same cut your making. If you for example have an 'A' with another 'A' directly under it, it will double cut it. Not good.

Kevin

Yep, once I stopped settled down and actually read what he posted, I followed his instructions.

After doing that, there still appears to be no dual images or layers underneath the first.

I am startingto wonder whether notthe images I have drawn in Inkscape are with apen that is too wide, which is casuing the second cut to emulate the width of the line.

Any other advice would be welcome...

Ok, so most of what I do is trace jpgs in Inkscape to cut in Signblazer.

I justtraced an image in SB (which I find awkward and clumsy) printed it and lo and behold, only 1 cut!

The problem might be happening in Inkscape, and then coming over to SB!

A light atthe end of the tunnel!