Sign in to follow this  
labgeek

Computer Nerd... new to cutting... Thumbs up to US Cutter!

Just picked up the 50"...  I have to say I am impressed both with the cutter and with US Cutter the company.  Due to a stock problem with the orderI got a 50" after paying for 40", but US Cutter made it right.  Considering I bought off of ebay, and got a deal to begin with when I first saw the email I thought I was in for a disappointment, but as I continued to read and saw the offer for the 50" I was delighted. I would not have expected that...

The product itself is impressive... at least to me. I am a computer person (20+ years in the industry including in a print shop at one point so I'm not coming in with zero usable experience), and Corel has been my draw package from Version 3. 

The manual could use a little refinement, but I was able to read what I needed out of it. As a newb to cutting, the knife depth required the most playing. Since I use a laptop for everything, I had no choice but use the usb cable and even that was without trouble.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself, and let people here (especially those considering purchasing) the extra effort and expense US Cutter put into my order.

They are one of the best companies for sales and service I have ever seen.And they gave you an extra 10 inches for free!I'm glad you were able to get the usb running.I couldn't get R2,or the cp-2500 to run on a usb.But I think my problem is haveing 5 usb connections with a 2 port usb.One of them has a 4 port hub jacked in.But I have R2 on com1 and the copam on lpt and they both work great.If you ever need any support,Marcel is the man to email.Welcome to the forum!

Hello labgeek and thanks for the positive feedback. Sorry about the confusion with the 40" but as long as the 50" works out better for you then that is great!

Billy if you ever want to try to set up the USB connection just let me know and we can probably get it working. However the serial and parallel seem to be more stable connections so as I always say- if it ain't broke, then there's no need to fix it B)

I agee.I am having no problem with either cutter on com or lpt ports.I set R2 up on com2 of my laptop.It works X-O-Lint as always!The copam hasn't let me down either.It's so much quieter than R2,and it takes pens better.I've got to cut a couple of t-shirt transfers with it soon.I would like to see if the rollers will keep me from having to tape the back.One day,I shall get this done.