Sign in to follow this  
cox signs

printing fonts ?

is there away to print the fonts on your computer i have a ton of them on there was wanting to make a list to show customers is that possiable ?

I did an ASK JEEVES.COM  LOL  I didn't know how either.. 

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=how+to+print+out+the+fonts+on+your+computer&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldstart.com%2Ftips%2Ftips.php%2F769

Printing Font Samples

Most computers come pre-installed with a bounty of printer fonts, and WinXP only added to them. You can also download hundreds more, or even make your own. Knowing how they will all look when they print can be tough, but can also be an important aspect!

Luckily, there's an easy way to print samples of the fonts on your computer. Go to Start Menu , Settings , Control Panel and double-click the "Fonts"

folder.

Now hold down the CTRL key and select the fonts you want to see samples for by clicking them. (If you REALLY want to see them all, press CTRL+A to highlight everything.)

Next, go to File and choose "Print". This will bring up a print dialog box for each font selected. NOTE: You'll have to click Print (or OK in older versions of Windows) in the print dialog box for each font you selected, so if you have a lot of 'em, get comfy. If you just want a sample page of one font, then right click and choose Print . Your printer will go to work printing complete sample pages for each font.

A recommendation I received on here when I first started has served me well. Select a dozen or a couple dozen if you wish, fonts, that cut well, and only give your customers those choices. Believe me, after I ignored this on a few jobs, we spent forever trying to decide which font would look better. Now I offer a few fonts and they don't even notice the difference. Make the selection varied, A few Sans Serif, an few Serif, Italic some of them, Block lettering, stencil, things like that. Of course good ol Signature.

Kevin

I made a corplast sign with about 20 common fonts.  I keep it on display for quick picks.  Picky people get the "huge" book.  I do something else while they struggle through the selections.

I made a corplast sign with about 20 common fonts.  I keep it on display for quick picks.  Picky people get the "huge" book.  I do something else while they struggle through the selections.

I am in the process of doing this as well.  I have found with certain things, if you give people too many options, they will simply get frustrated and lose steam in the order.  My local FastSigns only offers like 8 font choices.  I plan to offer more than that, but maybe 15-20 at most.

Regarding opening each font and printing a sheet (which will have it at several different sizes, which I guess is nice), I find it easier to simply copy/paste the text and then select the next font, repeat.  This will still take forever for a lot of fonts, but IMO, it's better than having a printed sheet for each and every font.  I want to have only a few sheets to flip through, not 100+.

My $0.02..