I have a guy who is asking for the simplest thing- he builds camera mounts that have up to 10 parts that need to be assembled by the customer and has been stenciling each part 1-10 with 1 inch letters to match the directions and has asked me what I would charge for 30 each of numbers 0 thru 9.  White vinyl 1" high.  I wanted to say it would make more sense to just buy them from walmart or somewhere but he wants to do business with me since he bought some vinyl from me for his Jeep. This will probably be an ongoing request as he's very busy- any thoughts on what to charge?  So- 300 numbers total- 1" high.  I'm at a loss for some reason due to the simplicity.  Thanks!!!

-JJP

Hmmm this is a tough one.

I'd imagine the numbers would be about 1"x1" tops since they are small.

I'm coming up with around $.25 - $.50 each for 300. They shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours tops to do i wouldn't think. Longest part would be the cut time.

This is probably the only time you will see me charging cents for decals lol

THANK YOU!!   :thumbsup:

Not a problem, keep us updated on the outcome of the job. Should be very easy money for ya!  ;D

The weeding time is everything here. Vinyl-cut time is usually consistent, though you can speed up your cutter on simpler designs and there is less chance of ruined decals.

I just charged 150 bucks for 250 decals...this was lettering...a logo-type with small lettering underneath, and a dot for the dot com. The weeding takes about 5 minutes per decal, so I feel like overall, I undercharged. I should have charged about a buck a piece in hindsight, but this is valuable information for my next quote.

Easily-weeded jobs would have a dramatically reduced price but yeah, I think I spent 3 solid days cutting, trimming and weeding!