Aaron636r

Everyone thinks they can design....

I hire a guy to create a postcards size flyer for my vinyl business.  I could have come up with something decent but I figured this is one thing I want to look great.  Plan on printing and mailing about 5000 of them.

So, I hire this guy who sounds like he knows what hes doing.  He send me back the first example and I about died.  He grabbed a cheesy back ground image and copied word for word my info I wanted in the flyer (even my spelling error).  I wasn't paying the guy a fortune...but I was paying him a decent amount.  Seems there are too many "designers" out there...

Sorry, had to rant and rave for a minute.

yeah...my brother paid some guy $450 to design his logo for the bar.See pic. I wish I could make money that easy.

For all you guys who think semi-naked girls are just teh thing to start off your day, visit his website:

http://www.jimmyssouthernpub.com/

post-249-12986545514725_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986545527514_thumb.jpg

Hire a real artist! :thumbsup:

My work is good, reasonably-priced and I have 20 years as an artist in the video-game biz under my belt.

www.monstahfish.com is my decal site (most designed by me) and my art can be found at:

www.nukleon.com/art

If you're paying for custom-work that's what you should be getting!

my brother paid some guy $450 to design his logo for the bar.See pic. I wish I could make money that easy.

I agree John........Not much there for $450 But I know everyone thinks there a designer.......arrrr pi------------s me off sometimes.....But I just do it my way

and usually they like it......

yeah...my brother paid some guy $450 to design his logo for the bar.See pic. I wish I could make money that easy.

For all you guys who think semi-naked girls are just teh thing to start off your day, visit his website:

http://www.jimmyssouthernpub.com/

I see he is getting $450 worth out of the logo! Stickin' with it. How did he end up going with that guy? Did you turn the work down? :thumbsup:

The 450-dollar logo needs work too..that small text is getting lost. I'd probably just add a white background with border behind it...would make the small letters pop. Easy fix.