lizz137

Help, Cut a Print screen dimensions not matching workspace.

I am trying to cut around a picture that I have printed on heat transfer paper.  I get to the Cut A Print stage, and when it shows the output window for cutting the dimensions are completely off so that my picture is no longer in the cutting space, but appears to be on a 2nd tile in outer space.  Here is step by step what I am doing.  The heat transfer paper size I am using is 11 x 17.

1) Open up a new workspace in SignBlazer Elements and adjust the workspace to Length: 11inches, Height 17 inches.

2) I import a jpg, place it near the 16 inch mark near the top of the paper leaving about an inch from the top so I can reuse the rest of the paper if need be.

3) I properly create a vectorized cut mask to lay on top of my image.

4) I properly print out my image as needed with registration marks in correct place and everything.  Picture 1 shows what the screen looks like before it prints.

5)Then..This is where the problem happens, I go to the "Print A Cut" screen, and it seems my cutting dimensions of 11 x 17 have been reduced down to a 9 x 13 or so, with my image I need cut being out of the cutting area.  See Picture 2 below.

6) If I click on the Settings for my cutter, Picture 3 shows what the settings are at.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get my picture into the cutting area?

post-6278-12986545464175_thumb.jpg

post-6278-12986545464611_thumb.jpg

post-6278-12986545465056_thumb.jpg

post-6278-12986545479748_thumb.jpg

post-6278-12986545480067_thumb.jpg

post-6278-12986545480314_thumb.jpg

Do you need to use 11x17 for this print cut? I would go with 8 1/2 x 11 when contour cutting with SignBlazer... Also, in the setup screen make sure your cutting size correction values are all exactly the same. Do you have multiple printers connected to this computer running signblazer? If you have multiple printers make sure the printer you are using to print your project is selected as default before you start SignBlazer. It is a good idea to start a new document and import your graphic from scratch, after you have made these changes.

When you say make sure the cutting size correction values are all exactly the same (let's say I were using the 8.5 x 11 you recommend) should it read like this:  Width 8.5 inches for both Expected Size and Measured Size and Length would be 11.00 inches for both Expected Size and Measured size? 

There are not mulitple printers connected to Signblazer.