tammylynn49459

Saving graphics

Sorry to bother everyone but I'm new to this and am haveing issues....when I save a vectorized image in inkscape as an encapsulated postcript.eps sign blazer will not recognize it and my computer will not open it.  I've even tried to download an eps file from the forum and have the same results. My computer will not open it.  Please help!!!

are you deleting the bitmap,  before saving as .eps?    You need to slide the first image away and delete it first

try uninstalling and downloading a different version of Signblazer.  Here is a version they have on their EBAY ads,  Under 5 reasons to buy from US cutter  reason 4 DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.    Maybe will help

http://cgi.ebay.com/USCutter-53-Decal-Tint-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Stand-48-50-54_W0QQitemZ300319451936QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ec6f2b20

Tammy,

When you go to your import screen in SignBlazer at the bottom there is a choice of List of File Types   Make sure you have selected All Graphic or  PostScript Files if not  .EPS   Files will not show up.

Good Luck

Buggie Pil;Dt

I have tried my own files, I have tried eps files from this forum.  Sign Blazer will not recognize any of them.  I save them as an eps and try to import to sign blazer and nothing.  Can not seem to figure this out.  :thumbsup:

can you just take a picture of your monitor screen when you are trying to import, and upload here,  just use a digital, cellphone,  whatever,,  maybe a couple pictures in sequence,  maybe you just got something clicked wrong.  We are trying to help,  just can't see your screen  

I have now got other eps files to signblazer.  Still having problems creating my own.  Did step by step with Jays video and still cannot make a graphic that is a useable eps.  Even tried just typing my name and that didn't work, can't even send it to you so you can tell what I'm doing wrong.

when you are in Signblazer,.  can you just enter  123 onto your screen and send to cutter.?    Don't save,  just send to cutter,  can you do that.?

I am using a dell,  with windows xp.  yes if I type in 123 it will send to cutter.  OK, when I download an eps file from the forum I get an eps and a pvw, two files.  but when I try to save an eps file in inkscape all I get is a pvw, one file.  Does this help with finding a possible solution?  I have fllowed Jays video step by step and I can not get an eps file to save correctly.

I am using a dell,  with windows xp.   yes if I type in 123 it will send to cutter.   OK, when I download an eps file from the forum I get an eps and a pvw, two files.  but when I try to save an eps file in inkscape all I get is a pvw, one file.  Does this help with finding a possible solution?  I have fllowed Jays video step by step and I can not get an eps file to save correctly.

are you doing SAVE AS?      when you are saving your file in inkscape   there is a large box in the lower right corner, that you changes to different extentions,  are you putting that on encapulated postscript,,  can you take pictures of your monitor when you are trying to import?  and upload them so we can see?  

what does the type file say on the last picture?  too blurry to read

what is the version of inkscape you are using,.?  it will say on the desktop icon

can you post that last file you have made,    the Calvin?

The last pic is what we get when we save

what does that say,  too blurry to read

It doesn't look like it has a file extension on the end of the file name.

Jay