i need to do some 6 panel hats....will vinyl lay across the seam in the middle... or do i need the embroidered???

Guest fivestar

Vinyl lays across the seams fine.

Guest fivestar

five,

what type vinyl do you use?

thx

I use Multicut or Thermoflex.  Sorry I just seen your post.

you will be much happier with a dedicated hat press - never heard too many happy campers with the 6 in 1

you will be much happier with a dedicated hat press - never heard too many happy campers with the 6 in 1

it is a pain to change out but thats what we got. the real question is does the stand alone have the same curve? Also what hats can be used? or is it just the press kit i got?

Was answering without my glasses again - didn't read you already had one.  it just makes it so you do not have to change it - and for a heat press and hat press you can do about the same money as a 6in1

Was answering without my glasses again - didn't read you already had one.  it just makes it so you do not have to change it - and for a heat press and hat press you can do about the same money as a 6in1

LOL just every hat i have got get a dual crease next to the center stitch.

on mine i took a piece of a tshirt and folded it a few times and lay it on the hat press front to back in the center just under where the panels of the hat meet and are stiched together.. try that. it seems to work good for me. got that trick from a friend of mine that does more hats a day then i do a year. good luck

where would i find a good place to get mugs?

Mugs are heavy and cost a lot to ship. NovachromeUSA is close by you in NoCal. Not sure of others. Conde has Made in the USA mugs that are very nice but cost a buck more each.

I have added a piece of red rubber gasket material to mine . I pre heat the hat 3 or 4 seconds . Then I'll lay the vinyl down and heat for 1 or 2 seconds to pre shape , then center and align the vinyl. I will reach under and pull the hat tight before final appling. Truth is you will have some culls