Zal

Help with pricing info

I have a guy that wants 50-100 small one color decals made of his bands logo. Decal to be about 3"x5", probably white. I dont have a good idea of how much to charge. Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks!

Eventually you will have to determine the price to charge based on your time, costs and just what will the market bear in your area. depending on how much weeding is needed i would charge about $1.00 ea and maybe a little less for over 100 pcs. maybe you can talk him into a couple of large stickers too.

hey Zal,  Do you have the logo?  How hard will it be to weed?  The smaller the graphic, the harder the weeding can be.  If you can post the logo we could take a look at it, and see what the market in our areas would be, and let you know.  Also the difference between 50 and 100 is really a lot, so don't twist yourself out of the profit!!  I would give him a price for one decal, say like $4.99.  Then lower the price for volume.  I would deffinately not go below $1.00 because the vinyl costs money too.  BUT almost all of this hinges upon just how difficult the graphic is to create, and then to weed.  Again, if you can post the logo it would help us help you.

As soon as he emails it to me I will post it. Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't even bother with making this many small decals, I would outsource the job to strouse.  Actually, I would probabbly do 50, but maybe not a 100.  for family i wouldnt mind (or a close friend) but it all depends on you.  if you could weed these things say, like while you watch tv sure why not.  

As for price I would figure out how much vinyl It would take to make 100, then just use how much you would charge for that much vinyl.(if using 24" vinyl make sure you charge for all 24"/2', I always round up to the nearest half ft.) when pricing vinyl by the sg. ft. I would get about $9-$20 a sq. ft. based upon how hard it is to design, weed, etc.  For the large quanity I would give a discount also.  

ok so lets see on 24" vinyl with the decals being 3" x 5" you could fit 7 in a colom (leave space, you dont want them right on top of each other) ok so with 7 in a colum you need 15 colums to get 100 decals and if they are 5" wide then that would make 75".  so total vinyl needed would be 24" x 78" (rounded up to nearest half ft.) convert that to ft. and you get 2' x 6.5' multiply that you have 13 sq. ft.  Then I would multiply the 13 by my charge for vinyl by the sq. ft.($9-$20) that would give you a price range of $117-$260 for the 100 decals.  not how you pick a # in that range will vary on how hard the logo is to weed, and if you had to design it at all.  if its an easy logo to weed, or for a friend I would be at about $120, if its a hard one then I would be at about $190 for all 100 decals.  your cost for this job (just for vinyl) should only cost you about $10 at the most, so figure how much your time is worth, if your time for this job is worth $110, then go with the quote for $120.  

Hoped this helped, and wasn't to confusing!

Here is the logo, I cut a couple and they are a SOB to weed, of course I dont get all the whisps to cut. What would it be worth to you? Maybe 5 minutes to weed a 1.75" by 6" decal with the possibility of ruining them, they are very fickle.

post-1496-12986513493678_thumb.jpg

post-1496-12986513507901_thumb.jpg

I out sourced 50 about  the same size to a friend that has a printer cuter,

cost me $37.50 printed and cut to size for bumper stickers. (no price break to me)

I charged the customer $100.00.

That included design time,taking the file to my friend,pick up and delivery.

Customer was happy as all get out.

mark-s

Print and cut for sure, drop me an email and I would be happy to quote them wholesale for you kimon@signforums.com

So I heard back from the band. They loved the samples. They want 100 3x10 inch decals and 1 large one for the bass drum. They would be a lil easier to weed since they will be bigger but use more vinyl. Any opinions on what you guys would charge? I am thinking 150ish?

You'll use about $20 in vinyl and tape. Figure 2 hours or so of labor.

Tell him $200-250. If he tries to haggle, let him, but don't go below your 150. Don't cheat yourself out of money. Give yourself room.

I told the band 150 , they agreed right away. The good thing about it is 2 more bands want my number for stickers :angry:

If they agreed right away,you probably lost about $50. You should always start a bit higher and be willing to go down. You can't,after all,go UP.

I can remember when I was in the upholstery biz and quoted a price and the people were SO happy and said they excpected twice as much and I kicked myself all the way home.

Very true BannerJohn, but live and learn. Part of the Newb growing pains  ;)

next time,tell them that due to the price of oil going up,price of vinyl has gone up,and raise the price a bit. They will believe it.