Sign in to follow this  
motoxxxracer309

Softwares that will work?

Hi, I just recently purchased a LP 24" and It looks like a great cutter. I am coming off a Stika 8". I got really used to using cutstudio and I liked it a lot. I have been trying to learn and play around with Sign Blazer and so far I hate it. Is there any way at all that this cutter could run off Cut Studio?? Also is FLexi Sign worth the $100 and what features does it have over Sign Blazer? Any help and information about the cutter for a newb like me would be appreciated thank you!

Hey ,

Inkscape is a great software , but doesn't cut . Flexi Starter does not have as many features as SignBlazer . I think it is hard to change over softwares . Whatever a person learns on is natural & anything else seems weird . If you use Inkscape , SignCut is the best cutting software with GREAT weeding features . USCutter used to sell it cheap .. I don't know if they still do .

There is several motorcycle members here & several raced ( FireMalt = FM & I along with others ) . You race the diesels  :thumbsup: ?

I was playing around with sign cut last night and it seems like a good program, but when it converts something to vector it turns out horrible. so my best bet would be to vector it in inkscape and then import it from inkscape into sign cut? I desert race dirtbikes btw  :thumbsup:

Correct ... as you say , it should already be vectorized when sending to SignCut . I have made decals in SignCut , but it isn't meant to be a design software . What bike do you race ?

I have a yz250f.. Should prolly have a 450, but a lot of the races out here have a lot of technical sections and the weight of the 250f over the 450 helps quite a bit..  Ok then I suppose I shall start learning the in's and outs of SBE.. anyone have a good crack for it... the ones Im finding on the forums are mostly dead links..

I had a 02 YZF250 & liked it alot " after " finding out the starting drill . I thought my 86 CR500 was hard to start before then . I liked the 250 better than my CRF450 in the tight stuff . The extra weight & power were a disadvantage .

I don't use any of the cracks for SignBlazer ... it takes me a few seconds to click 3 nag screens away . I downloaded the software from the USCutter E-Bay auction . 1 of the Administrators put a link to the USCutter download section which should be the best place to download it . If you really want some good info , read the SignBlazer section starting with the oldest thread ( I only read the topics that sound like they contain info ) & read to the current threads . I have gained knowledge each time I have done that ( 3 Xs so far  :thumbsup: )