Sign in to follow this  
krys10g

Mens and Womens T-Shirts?

Hi everyone, got a question....when a woman places an order for a t-shirt do you order a shirt made specifically for women or do you sell the same shirts to men and women? I have used the Gildan 2000 in the past for both but if my customer seems to be picky and is a woman I sometimes mention I can get a shirt cut especially for women.

Just wondered how other people handled this.

Thanks!

Kristen

I believe that should be handled with each customer. If you don't discuss that you'll be assuming, and that's dangerous.

Definitely offer it upfront, and make it clear that it's just gonna be a regular tee if nothing else is specified.  The shorter sleeved woman's tee's are expensive (upcharge, obv), and the womans regular t's are almost identical, IME.

Thanks for the responses. The women's are more expensive and cut a little smaller. I guess to be safe I will always offer them.

I appreciate your help!

Guest kenya

Whenever I ordered shirts for myself (before making my own), I always preferred woman's tees.

I personally like a fitted (cut) shirt.

Men's shirts just hang too loose from the breast down.... ya know  :rolleyes:;).

Never hurts to ask. :thumbsup:

Men's shirts just hang too loose from the breast down.... ya know  :rolleyes:;).

Never hurts to ask. :thumbsup:

Ohhhhhh  thats why the Misses orders the mens shirts . . .not to form fitting. 

hope she doesn't read this

Guest kenya

oh boy Scott....... I would hope that she doesn't. :thumbsup:

Your opening a can of worms when it comes to sizing.  Women's cuts run considerably smaller than a regular tee.  I try and stick with the regular tee (unisex) if possible. 

23Putts,

What shirt do you typically offer?

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Kristen

I always have samples of the woman's cut shirts for the women to chose from also. A mens cut shirt doesn't always look good on a woman. But most of the time a woman's cut shirt will look great. Besides I think that I have heard that the customer is always right. So I will sell them whatever they would like.

Dave

I would definitely confirm what kind of shirts they prefer. Some women want tees for females and some just use regular tees, it is ones preferance

23Putts,

What shirt do you typically offer?

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Kristen

I screen print 99% of my tees, so Hanes Beefy T is what I try and sell.  Ringspun cotton (Beefy T) is much better than the Jersey Cotton (Gildan Ultra Cotton).  Beefy typically cost .50 more per shirt, but its worth every penny.

I use both but did a lot more women's t's this season because they are a better fit. Just a heads up on sizing, I found out at the end of the season that the girls who wore mediums couldn't wear them after they went in the dryer. Most of them are tall with fairly broad shoulders and they said they were too tight on the arms and shoulders. So, you may want to test wash/dry whatever brand you pick just in case since the ones I used said preshrunk.

Di

I use both but did a lot more women's t's this season because they are a better fit. Just a heads up on sizing, I found out at the end of the season that the girls who wore mediums couldn't wear them after they went in the dryer. Most of them are tall with fairly broad shoulders and they said they were too tight on the arms and shoulders. So, you may want to test wash/dry whatever brand you pick just in case since the ones I used said preshrunk.

Di

All 100% Cotton (pre shrunk) will shrink about 1/2 a size from my experience.