Big Mike

Is this good/decent vinyl?

I took the information you guys gave me and did a bit of searching here is what I came up with:

24" x 50 yds FDC 4200 Inter

Sound right? The price for 150' or 50 yards is only $77.10

What I don't know is this... is all vinyl smooth on the sides? I saw where some machines look like they have to have little cut outs so that the wheels inside the plotter/cutter could move them...

The REFINE I believe I read somewhere, doesn't use that pegged style of advancement through the machine correct? It uses little wheels or something???

Just hate to order $77 worth of stuff and find out I can't use it or something of that nature...

Thanks for all your help guys.

Mike

The holes in the side are punched vinyl... You can use Punched vinyl with the refine or copam, but it is not required since both machines are friction fed. Most older machines required punched vinyl, thr friction feed rollers work much better.

Yes, that is a decent price for the FDC vinyl, but if you dont want to buy a full roll of it, you can usually purchase it in 10 yard rolls... I used to order my vinyl thru SSK, but they went out of business... You may look on ebay or a local sign shop to order it in rolls this small.

fdc vinyl comes in 10 yard and 150 yard rolls.If you buy a ten foot roll of vinyl,you are buying a cut off of one of those rolls.I know people who sell ten foot rolls on ebay for about the same price you can get the 30 foot roll for.That's why I hardly use ebay to buy supplies.Signwarehouse - ordway sign supply - signsupply - lawson (looktolawson.com) are a few of the places to buy vinyl in the full roll. www.fdcfilms.com will give you a list of the fdc vinyl. 150 foot of black and white would be good to get if you have a lot of jobs lined up,or don't want to have to order vinyl all the time.But to me,10 feet of vinyl would only be good if it were a specialty vinyl like the holograpgic or translucents.And with the uscutter,or copam you can use either perforated or non perforated.I have bought the perforated because the company I get my vinyl from ran out of stock in the nonperf color I needed.It works just as well because of the friction feed rollers.