Sign in to follow this  
darkdezigns

urgent help

pretty plz,trying to cut a subaru sticker in sb,did one fine,next slightly diffrent design,went to cut,say sending to cutter but nothing??also getting a red box around wot im trying to cut when i click cut??heeelp

Hello.  The red box in the cut screen simply indicates the layer (color) you have chosen to cut.  The layers (colors) that are not selected are surrounded by a blue box.  Also, I think if you only have a single layer graphic - that will have just a blue box.

Sending to cutter but nothing?  You probably have pressed the pause button on the cutter or something.  Maybe a cable came loose?

Hello.  The red box in the cut screen simply indicates the layer (color) you have chosen to cut.  The layers (colors) that are not selected are surrounded by a blue box.  Also, I think if you only have a single layer graphic - that will have just a blue box.

Sending to cutter but nothing?  You probably have pressed the pause button on the cutter or something.  Maybe a cable came loose?

thanks for quick reply,plz see my above post,thats what im trying to cut,but nothing,plotter is all ok,and will cut anything else but this

Looks ok to me.  How does the size fit on your cutter.  The "Workspace" in the editing screen shows the graphic is larger than the workspace.  This can mess things up.  Enlarge the workspace so everything fits in it.  Otherwise, should cut fine.

I think I got it!  In the edit screen, press F6 a couple times.  That zooms out.  There is a sliver of graphic way to the left - apparently left over from an edit.  Delete it.

found them,deleted,no diffrence??im lost lol,is there a way to increase work space with out redoing the whole thing?ps ty for help,ive been trying to sort this for hours now  :thumbsup:

Possibly.  Also, in the cut screen, you can select "rotate across vinyl".  That will position the graphic differently for cutting.  No sure it will help.  Usually if the graphic is bigger than the vinyl settings, it will automatically "tile" the graphic for cutting.  You would then see multiple boxes around the graphic.

No silly questions here!  I usually set my workspace to the size of the project.  So, If I'm making a 18x24 coroplast sign, that is the size of my workspace.

What is your cutter/plotter?

Also, in the cut screen, you can select the setup button.  That brings up the menu to tell the software what size vinyl you are using.  It also tells the software what machine your using etc.  You probably already set this up since other things are cutting - just thought you outta check it.

dont take this the wrong way,but i love u lol  :thumbsup: figured out length is really width,just made workspace right size and bingo,ty so much ,from andy in the uk  :thumbsup:

on a side note this is my first big job/paying customer,im doing full rally look,including the subaru swooshes,just over a metre long,any tips for applying without bubbles etc?i have squeeges etc,iis it worth getting app fluid to help?

Lol.  Not everyone will agree with me, but, I do EVERYTHING dry.  I was doing a lot of reading on the forum, and several people suggested doing a wet application to start out.  I also read that dry was difficult and a truly professional way to do it if you could perfect it. 

I don't do anything part way Andy.  So I forced myself to learn everything dry.  It is actually pretty easy with a little practice.  In fact, I think it is much easier than wet.  What a mess!

I also have read MANY threads saying you should always apply muliti-layered(colored) graphics wet, especially on a vehicle.  I disagree with this also.  I've only been doing this for a few months, and I apply everything dry, quick and easy. 

This is just my opinion of course.  But for me, why not eliminate the steps if you can?

So to answer the actual question you had...... tips for applying without bubbles......  Apply Application tape well.  If you get bubbles or wrinkles in the app. tape - start over.  Sometimes I'll mess up just a single letter or something...then I'll cut it out before applying, and just make a new letter.  Otherwise - toss it.  Squeegee well.  Use the hinge method to apply.  Let the squeegee lay the vinyl on the substrate - in other words..remove the backing, hold the graphic/app tape in one hand, and squeegee with the other pull the graphic to the car using the squeegee.  ALWAYS squeegee from the center of the graphic to the edges.  Squeegee again carefully over the app. tape......then the HARDEST PART.  WAIT.  Wait some more.  Resist the urge to remove the app tape for a good 20 minutes.  This allows the adhesive to bond with the auto. Then carefully remove the app tape pulling it back on itself VERY SLOWLY.

Just my 2 cents worth.  :thumbsup:

lovely,ty,my main concern is the graphic is approx 500mm wide at some points,ive done smaller stuff by masking tape at top,cutting into sections,remove backing peice by peice,that really helped,but with this its solid at the top,would it work if i did this on one side do you think?ps im happy to learn dry as my concern is if your trying to get something level,by doing it wet your effectively screwed lol,and again ty

Sorry took so long, lost my internet connection there.  Hey I like that video!  That's just what I'm talking about.  I personally squeegee more than he did - but that is the idea.  Are you applying over any seams/doors?  Otherwise I would probably apply without cutting the graphic into sections if possible. 

im more worried about where to start if that makes sense?ie mask from top as i said,or from side?cause theres very few places to hinge from?