Sign in to follow this  
pitkin2020

how to make a fade....

hi guys,

im trying to do some graphics for a friends car, he wnts a chequered flag strip tp go the length of the car but front and back wants it to end in a fade.  I found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250495852542&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

to show you as an example, is there anyway to achieve this through just cutting or is this going to be printed vinyl only???

any help greatly appreciated

You could use different shades of whatever color you want. It wouldn't look as good as printed though.

you could cut and weed the checkers then use Krylon Fusion spray bomb in desired color (check for availability first) and fade it out

We have a few members on here that do wholesale printing. You might check with them to see what it would cost to print and contour cut it.

thanks for the advice, i am in the UK so if there are any UK members who could offer a price for the job i would be grateful.

I'm sure some of you guys across the pond could give me a good price but i expect the postage cost to outweight the benefits, but if you have a cost inc shipping to UK then please send me a price i may still be interested

Many thanks