Sign in to follow this  
Pistonpump

Corel x3 to laserpoint cutter

Anyone out there have any success cutting with Corel X3 to a us cutter laser point?

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance.

George

It should work, but explain what not work at your side.

What progrma you use to send it to the cutter etc.

Paco

I've tried but haven't figured out how to get it to work. The problem is the LP is a serial printer but it reads data in a modified hpgl language subset. but the FIDI driver supplied simply sends data directly to the printer with no interpretation ( It only does a simple serial to usb conversion) so the upshot is the software has to "know" the LP's  language lexicon (the 'dictionary' used to run it). since Corel depends on the printer driver to do the conversion the Lp hangs after the first instruction set transfered. I've tried using HPGL drivers from drivers.com but I haven't found one that correctly sends the start/Stop codes so the printer hangs! No fun days yet. I used to be able to do this stuff, but it's been 10 years since I looked a a C' program and I never had to build a driver from scratch so even if I had the lp's instruction set and the HPGL lexicon, I'm don't think I could build a new driver.

Not to make a confusing situation even worse. but with Corel, and SIgnblazer, the only way to correctly do it, is to save the file in Corel as an EPS and then import that into Signblazer. I messed with that for a while, also tried pasting into SBE from corel with limited results. I did however use signcut X2 with Corel with success, I bought a 3 year subscription to signcut when I got my LP but don't use it now. I got a used copy of Flexisign Pro 8.1. Now I'm happier than ever. Flexi does just about everything i ever need, and I have noticed my LP acts ten times better too.

Way fewer crashes from the cutter when you send complicated images. It's almost like Flexi Meters out the flow of data until the machine asks for more, so it doesn't seem to overload the memory. But I have noticed that things created and modified in Flexi have a tenth the nodes than the stuff I did in SBE.

Kevin

Yeah, sounds like flexi actually uses flow control to manage communication unlike SB, which just uses it as a traffic cop!