pandc

Signs for Address #'s

I am looking for the signs that they use for address's. They are green, but not as long as a street sign.

I can find the street signs, but not the address signs, I live in a rural community & some of the people have them at the street under their mailbox. I would love to be able to supply them to the people that don't have one.

Thanks

Peggy

If they are like the ones around here, they come from the fire department/county emergency services. Regular people aren't allowed to make and sell here. Maybe different where you live.

Before you order anything, check with your local 911 office for their standards. They vary across the country from 3"-6" letters, some require reflective numbers only, some require reflective numbers AND background. Most popular standard is 4" number on a 6"x18" sign, reflective #'s only. The only places i ever found to buy this size ranged from $5-$7 for each blank. If you don't need a reflective background where you live, the cheapest option would be to buy aluminum sign blanks and cut them down to size round corners with a corner mate. you can get green 6"x24" blanks from signwarhouse.com for about $2.80 each. BUT CHECK YOUR LOCAL STANDARDS 1ST!!

I am looking for the signs that they use for address's. They are green, but not as long as a street sign.

I can find the street signs, but not the address signs, I live in a rural community & some of the people have them at the street under their mailbox. I would love to be able to supply them to the people that don't have one.

Thanks

Peggy

Sometimes I don't think about things before I say them. Not everyone has the proper tools to work with metal. When you check on your local 911 standards, if you still can't find the size you need let me know. We can fab some custom blanks for you in our metal shop.

If there are indeed various ordinances defining the criteria for displaying address numbers in rural America...it causes me to ask where the People were on the days those ordinances were enacted?

Asleep with the rest of the sheep, might wake up one day I hope

Probably classified as policy, not an ordinance, so the People could be bypassed :thumbsup:

I bought some green street signs from Sign Warehouse, but I'd like to find the royal blue ones I've seen around. Anyone have a source for those?Sandy