bwatson

software & letter precision

I purchased a MH1351, and I have Windows Vista 64 bit.

I have several problems.

1. Signcut was not sent with the cutter.

2. Signblazer Elements is not working at all...throwing exceptions and errors.

I downloaded a trial version of SignCutX2. I downloaded the driver it advised me to for the cutter.

In SignCutX2, I set rotation to 0 degrees and blade offset to 0.25. However, the cutter is only cutting at 90 degrees still, which is wasting wasting a ton of vinyl for the wide (not tall) sign I am trying to cut.

3. The letters are not precise and circles look like ovals.

When I try to calibrate with this software, it just goes around in the shape of a square but the cutter does not drop, and the plotter pen does not drop which gives me nothing to measure.

PLEASE HELP....I would really appreciate it. Again, since I was not sent the software I am just at such a loss of what to do here or how to get this machine to work properly.

Bethany :'(

In SC set it to 90 degrees and it cuts withd wise for each job you cut.

no idea why the pen do not drop.

Is the pen low enough in the holder?

Paco

It was on 90 degrees when it printed vertical. I want it to print horizontal or landscape. Setting it on 0 degrees didn't change anything either. I am using a downloaded trial version of SignCutx2. Uscutter didn't send Signcut to me. The pen was as low as the blade, and it cuts circles like ovals and the ends do not meet up. I think it needs calibrated, but the device won't drop the cuter or the pen when I click calibrate. I have the blade set to offset 0.25 per the instructions.

Thanks for your help.

When using SignCut, what are you designing the project with? Were all elements of SignBlazer removed prior to installing SignCut?

I think you might want to read some of the threads on 64 bit VISTA    on HOME PAGE  do a search for 64 bit Vista,  several threads there with problems on 64 bit VISTA  that could be your problem with Sign Blazer and Sign Cut...  Do you have an older computer to try it on?