Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Need a little help getting this to cut....yet again

Guest manwayvan

Okay so I made this design and have it split up in three colors but for some reason the grey isnt wanting to cut right so that around the eye and ear is able to be seen with the black. Here is a pic of what I mean. Im trying to cut it in signblazer and I have tried welding, grouping, combining, punch through with no success...I am basically just hit and miss as I am still new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated

post-0-12986543214959_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986543215315_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986543225277_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298654322543_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298654324969_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986543250047_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986543271324_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986543271493_thumb.jpg

Look to see if the eyes are actually peices of black and not cutouts in the gray. If they are then move the gray and black eyes off (use the arrows tome them both the same distance) to the side and Arrange + Combine them to make cutouts from them.

Jay

Guest manwayvan

Hey thanks for the advice and it worked great..Another problem aroze though..Okay So I got three layers orange,black,grey. The grey lays ontop of the black which intern lays ontop of the orange. Well my orange layer is considerably smaller than the rest. Anyone got any idea on how to layer these things since im going to have to come up with some kind of backing to make or something so that the orange is last with the larger layers on top..Hope I explained that well enough

Don't your flames have black outlines. In the black layer, use arrange + Split. This will turn the white areas gray. Erase them. Your black color will cover theentire back, the gray will lay on to of part of it and the orange will lay on another part of it. You will not have more than two layers anywhere. This is how I would do it.

Jay

Added after looking again. Select the orange and black and use Arrange + Weld + Punch through to cut out the areas of the flames under the black after you split out the white.

If you want to email the file to me I can fix it in about 2 minutes.

Guest manwayvan

Humm not sure if I lay the orange ontop of the black if the outline around the rhino will still be black or will it be orange...I think I went about this all the wrong way

It looks like the entire design has a black outline. If the black is solid with no cutouts and the other colors just lay on top of the black is that what you are looking for?

Jay

Guest manwayvan

Yah that is it..The only problem I am having an issue with is the layout of the flames..Do you see how they kind of sit behing the grey. If I can trim thim around the black outline of the rhino then It would be no problem but Im not sure how to go about that in sbe..also how do you know what technique you need to do for the change that you told me to make..like i would have no clue that was what was needed.

That is what I said in my earlier post. Select the rhino outline and the orange flames. Arrange + Weld + Punch Through. This will trim the flames to the outline of the rhino.

Jay

Guest manwayvan

Sorry I must have missed that post but ya if you dont mind I will email it to you..I really Appreciate your help.

Guest manwayvan

Okay so I got the flames trimmed out finally...thanks for the help but now I am seeing these white little specs around the flames and the black outline and was wondering if those will be a problem

On the black behind the flames use Arrange + Split to seperate the cutouts. It is the opposite of what combine did to the black areas on the face. It will turn what is now white to gray. Then you can erase them. After those are erased you should be able to Arrange + Weld +Total Weld all of the black elements. That will make a solid black background that should leave your outlines.

Jay

Guest manwayvan

Hey sorry they are still there..It did not make the flames solid not exactly sure if I may have messed something up with trimming the orange to cause it but as soon as I punched through it made the white around the black and orange show up.

If you still have it, send me the file how it was at first.

Guest manwayvan

What format would you prefer me send it in? would sbd be okay or eps.

Guest manwayvan

You should have it...Thanks alot

Holy shit..Thats crazy fast

I told you there wasn't much to it. You had all of the geometry there, just needed a little work.

Jay

Guest manwayvan

Man your my hero...just goes to show exactly how much I have to learn..thanks again

You are welcome. Did you watch the video to see what was done?

Guest manwayvan

Yah Thanks alot...I noticed that you done alot of moving of the images without really dragging it..It looked like it popped over to the space in which it needed to be..How is that done? also what would you charge for something like this..I have alot of time vested but just because I am new..I was thinking somewhere around 40 or so..

Down in the bottom right of the screen there is a panel with >> arrows. If you select the arrows it scrolls through different tools to use. One is nudge. You can set Horizontal and Vertical. If you select an element and hit any of the arrow keys, that element will move the nudge amount in what ever direction you choose. It works well for moving geometry off the top of other objects then moving it back again so it goes in the same place.

Guest manwayvan

Any recommendation on how to layer this thing? I have never done offset like this before and not sure where to start..Tried it by doubling the size of my app tape and lets just say that it didnt go very well at all..