Sign in to follow this  
cashman

please help zigzag lines!!

I have a hard time explaining this but here we go.... When the machine cuts from left to right it leaves a wavy line. When i weed it it kinda is like a serrated cut. Like the blade is bouncing or something. Cut from right to left is smooth as silk. I have a ctn 630. I switched the blades and it is on its slowest setting. I gotta a bunch of work and cant figure it out. any help would be appreciated.

Do you have the blade just barely sticking out of the holder?   Make sure the carriage head is firmly on the track,  can come off during shipping.  Are you sure you have a good cuttable design?  Maybe post it in .eps

Yes the blade is just barely out. I kept turning it out until it didnt cut. Everything is clean and no matter what i cut it does this. I have been testing with rectangles to try and get it right. It seems to be getting better with pressure. I started with 100 and now i am up to 170. if this helps i have the new pcut with the new firmware that starts the cutting speed at 50. I am thinking it is the holder. I do some machine shop work to and i would explain it as chatter.

Guest sciondrgn

The pcuts are notorious for this.. Mine will do the same if its not set just right,

Make sure the blade is clean and free from vinyl bits or left over adhesive, I use the 1/2 credit card thickness rule and pressure is around 80 for Oracal 651 vinyl.  I think my machine doesn't know its on strength though. Just keep upping the pressure a bit till you get a happy medium and it works.

Another thing to check is make sure the blade holder is in the rear position  :D

what do you mean the "rear position". Also does anybody elses pcut have screw holes that are missing screws on the panel for the emergency stop on the right side. Just curious if there are suppose to be screws there. Also thanks for the pressure advise. Turn it down to 80 and the zig zag is gone. I just can't get the accuracy in the smaller decals.

Guest sciondrgn

what do you mean the "rear position". Also does anybody elses pcut have screw holes that are missing screws on the panel for the emergency stop on the right side. Just curious if there are suppose to be screws there. Also thanks for the pressure advise. Turn it down to 80 and the zig zag is gone. I just can't get the accuracy in the smaller decals.

On the PCUT, Look at the carriage and the arm that holds the blade holder, There are 2 circles, One next to the thumbscrew you tighten the blade holder down with and then one directly behind it.. The one in front is for the pen attachment and the one in the back is for the blade which puts the blade over top the cutting strip.

My panels do have screws in them,

For more accurate and smaller cuts slow the machine down and you can also try a 60 degree blade for more intricate designs

:-X

Thank you all, so much, for your help. I went through and did what you all said and my pcut cuts like a dream.