Sign in to follow this  
American And Proud

Confused MH or PCUT ? Help Deciding Please!

Been reading here and looking at the MH or PCUT 24" models.

I want to make and cut out templates for airbrush painting on motorcycles and cars, Motorcycle tanks and fenders are alot smaller than the hood or side of a car.

These would be paint masking stick on templates that get peeled away as the airbrushed image progesses, and making some freehand templates out of mylar or something similar.

USCutters says-

Which is right for me?

Value Cutters

US Cutter MH Series

This is our lowest price cutter.  Perfect for a 2nd cutter or someone just wanting to get their feet wet.   It is limited in the types of software that can be used, however it works well with the software we bundle with this machine, Sign Blazer Trial Version, and Sign Cut X2.  This cutter carries a 1 year warranty and is available in 12

have a MH-721 and it gets used hard every weekend at a flea market......Had it since Oct 2008 and its a favorite........I have a OM-60 Newstar also but I use the 721 myself my helper uses the Newstar.........I know it would do your job....no problems........I use flexi software....7.5 flexi-pro and signlab works great with both of them......

Thanks for your input bigjimt, appreciate it.

Anyone else have opinions on these two, and why uscutters states the pcut is a better unit?

Which of these two can cut the smallest details?

I am ready to buy one just still unsure as to which one yet/

And then I see a 34" MH one as well on ebay. :-

OH, and if I buy direct from uscutter I see software Options>

Included: SignBlazer Elements (Permanent Trial), and SignCut Productivity Pro (1-year license)

Flexi Starter 8.5 for WIN with dongle (RECOMMENDED) [+$60.00]

Do I "WANT" the flexi Starter 8.1 ?  :-

I sure hoped i'd get more info to help me decide.

Now i'm thinking the MH @ 34 or 33 inched? Ebay lists it at 34, the uscutter has it at 33?

See just how Confusing this is for a first time purchase by someone that has never used one of these machines?

IF the PCUT is truely the Better Built machine, a step UP then i'll just buy that one in the 24 incher.

HELP ! LOL

Thanks

Go with this, or switch to the pcut 24" ? :lol: Buying direct from USCutter to get the 1 Year Warranty and support.

Sign Supply Starter Kit   $59.99

BGS 12 Color Starter Pack-24'' by 3 Yard Rolls   $65.99   

3 Roland Cemented Carbide Blades - 60 Degrees    $12.00

USCutter MH-series Vinyl Cutter

View/Hide options

Models: MH Series 33'' With Stand - $140.00

Software: Included: SignBlazer Elements (Permanent Trial), and SignCut Productivity Pro (1-year license)   $389.99

Subtotal $527.97

TOTAL $527.97

Shipping $9.99

TOTAL- $537.96

On ebay they had this one? >USCutter MH-871 34" Vinyl Cutter , it the 33 on the website the Same unit?

Guest fivestar

We can't tell you what to buy.  That's up to you.  Read reviews, "show your work", and other things in this forum and make your decision.  I supposed after we tell you what to buy you will want someone to come to your place and run it for you since we told you what to buy.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just trying to figure out which of the 3 units would work best for what I plan to use it for.

It will be used very little most likely as I have no desire to run a sign shop.

Just use for my airbrushing hobby making masks and stencils and such for painting motocycles and autos.

There are alot of units and sellers of vinyl plotters in this price range and thought the forum would give the uscutter brand the advantage.

Thats also why I thought the "Pre-Sales Questions" section was here for, to ask questions from more experienced uscutter users and be better informed Before making a purchase.

Just Trying to do my homework beforehand, i'd rather ask questions now before I purchase than regret the purchase later.

I did just now Win the APPRoller Tape Application Roller on ebay for $27.66 with Free shipping. :thumbsup:  I figured no matter which machine I end up buying I would use that.

I was Hoping to make my purchase this weekend and hoped a few more replies would help me decide with a little more confidence.

Thanks.

post-5921-12986543106528_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986543119802_thumb.jpg

You say you have no desire to run a sign shop,,  but you may find out how ez it is to make some money, just from word of mouth, as soon as someone finds out you have a vinyl cutter,    I am also 60 and had no desire to open a sign shop 3 years ago,  and still do not have a sign shop,  but after working 30 years at a job that I thought I would retire from,  my job went to Mexico,  I taught myself the vinyl cutting business and have a great EBAY store, where I do support myself, work at home, and make more money than the good factory job that I had,  plus I only work a few hours a day, and the rest of the day is mine,  So, things change,  You may find other ways to make a great living from that machine, that you would have never thought of before. I primary do  full vehicle decals and stripes.  I prefer  doing this over doing any type of signs.  :thumbsup:

Hi Speedoggy,

Thanks for your reply, i'm not planning on it, but like you say, you never know.

Airbrushers use these to help in making and cutting out detailed "masks" to keep overspray down and keep detail and crisp lines.

I'm just learning that hobby now so adding signs would be far down my list of things I want to do at this point and time.

What cutter do you have?

Have you had others?

Thanks

BTW- You do have some cool lookin stuff on you ebay store.

I started with a Seiki 850H  30"  with Flexistarter software,  It paid for it'self right away,  Then  Feb 2008,  I purchased a Graphtec Fc7000mk2-75 30"  and am still using Flexistarter software,  Also that cutter paid for it's self right away..

Guest oldthredz

my MH-721 has been going hard since 07 sign shop flea market screen printing  you name it and i do make stencils for air brushers

Guest oldthredz

So for an absolute beginner do you think the $60.00 software is what to get over the supplied software?

all you need is sign blazer that comes with MH-721

OK so I will stick to the stock software,

In my cart I have the

BGS 12 rolls starter pack

3 Roland carbide 60 degree blades

Sign supply starter kit

USCutter MH-Series vinyl cutter 33" with stand.

Anything else I should get just to get started?

I can afford the Pcut 24" IF it is a better machine, if its to close to really tell between them I will keep the MH 33 incher.

I decided for me its best to buy Direct and get the 1 year warrenty.

Thank you for your Help/Replies.

Guest oldthredz

you dont really need the 60 deg blades i would stick to the 45 but your cutter will come with 3 blades so i would drop them and i have no problem with my 24" all i buy is 15 and 24" vinyl i personal would buy the mh721 25" cutter

I started with a Seiki 850H  30"  with Flexistarter software,  It paid for it'self right away,  Then  Feb 2008,  I purchased a Graphtec Fc7000mk2-75 30"  and am still using Flexistarter software,  Also that cutter paid for it's self right away..

Flexistarter was the bundled software for the Seiki,  I love it, and very ez to use,,  but has limitations on designing,  but you can use www.inkscape.org to design in  and it is FREE to download and use.   Most people on this forum use  Sign Blazer,   I personally do not use it.   So I have no opinion on it.  

I had heard the 60 degree blades will cut smaller finer detail.

For motorcycle tanks and fenders I thought they would be benificial and are on sale for 12 bucks, thought I might as well add a 3 pack while on sale and save on the 9.99 shipping if needed later.

Looks like I can get the Flexi software later on if need be, I think I will just try the standard ones they include for now.

I do have Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator 9, and a Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet with mouse and three of the pens.

For the 40.00 extra I might as well get the 33" one. So far I havent read anyone saying they wish they had bought smaller.

And I did read that 15"  24" and 30" Vinyl were stock sizes, so Just in case I ever wanted that extra 9-10 inches I might as well grab it now.

Thanks so much for the help, been so Confusing trying to decide what to get when you have never used one. And the more you keep reading the more you start doubting your choices.

Guest oldthredz

no problem and have fun with your new cutter as fas as the sign blazer you will love it i just use that and Illustrator as far as the extra 9-10 inches by the time you need them you will know how to tile images so you can make larger decals i make some up to 60 inches with my 25 inch and i would not like to buy 24 and 33 in rolls i use 15 and 24 i think with 33 inch rolls i would have more scrap vinyl

I had the same thought when I bought the Graphtec,  I read those ads and specs so many times,, all models of Rolands and Graphtecs, Summa, and many others,  It's a big decision for a $200-300 investment,   Try making that $2500-3000  decision.  I believe I made the right decision with my Graphtec,  never a problem, and a super great warranty..  I love it,  Would definately be my first choice again.

Wow,

Thanks so much, you Two have been very helpful.

I added a set of the 45 degree blades as well and one banner blank 24"x6' just for fun, not sure what I'd make with it but grabbed one.

Do those just use vinyl or do you have to use one of those heat presses for those banners?

My carts at $552.28 at the moment plus there will be the $9.99 shipping.

Thanks

Oh cool, Thanks.

Reading the details of the Sign Supply Starter Kit, it lists the roland 60 degree blades as included in that kit. So I will delete the set I had added and add something else.

I was thinking of making this order at around $550.00, so maybe some more application tape, the kit comes with a 12"x100 yrd roll.

Thanks

OK,

Decided to go to $575.00 So anything I should add to this order?

You said you did airbrush masks for guys oldthredz, what are you using for that and does uscutter carry it to add to my cart before placing my order?

10oz White Banner Blank-Hemmed & Grommetted

Size: 24''x6ft  $12.31

3 Roland Cemented Carbide Blades - 45 Degrees  $12.00

Sign Supply Starter Kit  $59.99

USCutter MH-series Vinyl Cutter

View/Hide options

Models: 33'' With Stand - $140.00

Software: Included: SignBlazer Elements (Permanent Trial), and SignCut Productivity Pro (1-year license)  $389.99

BGS 12 Color Starter Pack-24'' by 3 Yard Rolls

Total-$540.28 before the $9.99 shipping.

Thank you again.