Sign in to follow this  
pitkin2020

two tone text

hi all i have attached an inkscape file of something i am trying to and i have no idea how to do so if someone could point in the right direction i would be most grateful

Basically i have a rectangle with blue on the left yellow on the right, and i have the letter S with half of the letter on each side, but how can i make the half of the S on the blue side yellow and make the other half of the S blue on the yellow side???

I bet its simple to solve but i am stumped any help gratefully appreciated

letter.svg

letter.svg

Is this what you were going after?

yeah thats exactly what i was trying to achieve, i dont actually need it for anything im just trying to learn what can/can't be done really, i shall give this a go again later today following your tips and see what i can come up with

Thanks again

Anytime you turn an object, wheather it be a font, shape, or image, it then becomes node editable(is that a word?!?!). From there you can then sleect the letter and a box, and "split" the letter to change the colors down the middle, etc.

I don't have a good enough working knowledge of Inkscape on how to explain/teach a tutorial word for word, since I mainly do most of my editing in Flexi... but I can manage to get by after some trial and errors, lol.

Good luck, and don't give up! Keep trying and you'll get it down in no time.

thats ok now i know its possible and you have given me some guidance i will have a play, thanks again

extremely easy thing to do

1. open image in inkscape

2. hold shift and click on the letter S and the yellow area

3. go to path> exclusion

4. tah dah splits the colors on the opposite side just like you want in like 10 seconds