Photoman

needing help with heat vinyl

Im  a newby im wqanting to cut some heat tranfer vinyl with my graphtec cuter do i need any thing special  have ordered vinyl from uscutters it sisser easy weed...Please need help...Kenny

Guest fivestar

Nope......just add a little more pressure and cut it in reverse/mirror.

ok on the vinly does it have a tacky side or how do i know which side is out and do i cut completly throught it....Thanks Kenny

Guest fivestar

ok on the vinly does it have a tacky side or how do i know which side is out and do i cut completly throught it....Thanks Kenny

Glossy side down, you should be looking at the dull side when it's in the cutter.

You will find its much easier to weed than regular non heat vinyl.  Im telling you now though...you WILL forget to cut in mirror.

lol and im cutting numbers for a football team jerseys so i better remember...lol

and does it cut allthe way through completly ?

Guest fivestar

LOL..........I promise you that you'll forget somewhere down the line.  No it doesn't cut all the way through.

lol thanks so much Im realy new to al this so im tying to learn on the go. kinda nervous about cuttng these #'s for them

Thank you. I haven't cut a whole lot of signs, but I have done lots of shirts. They are right you will forget to mirror your vinyl at least once. LOL

Peggy

They are right you will forget to mirror your vinyl at least once. LOL

I forget a lot less since I cut the word "mirror" (in mirror) and applied it on the bottom of my monitor. 

Im telling you now though...you WILL forget to cut in mirror.

+1  :thumbsup:

It won't happen when you're paying attention. It will happen either when 1) your in a hurry, or 2) your almost out of vinyl.  :thumbsup:

azdecals

Yesterday I was cutting vinyl for a chair & it was green shiney & guess what I forgot to mirror it...

LOL  LOL  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peggy

Thank you. I haven't cut a whole lot of signs, but I have done lots of shirts. They are right you will forget to mirror your vinyl at least once. LOL

Peggy

Nice work. Is that camo vinyl for the heart? Or heat transfer? It looks great.