Sign in to follow this  
jmonica

Possible to Replace older PCUT blade holder with a new Roland?

I have a somewhat older PCUT CT630 that has the older style black plastic blade holder.  The one that takes the thin, narrow style blades.  I would like to upgrade the blade holder to a newer style one.  I'd like to get a Roland blade holder so that I can find blades for it more easily plusthe aluminum ones look much better made the one I have now.  Is it possible to get a Roland holder for an older CT630 that fits correctly and is there any way of knowing exaclty which one I need to buy?  I really can't afford to blow $30-$50 on the wrong holder for it right now.  Otherwise I would just guess until I found the right one, but I don't have that luxury right now.  :-  Thanks in advance y'all!

Thanks for the reply!  The only reason I was looking to get a Roland holder for it is that there's a store near me that sells Roland replacement blades but doesn't sell PCUT blades.  From what I've been told the newer PCUT model blade holders take a different blade then the older ones? Does anyone happen to know if this is the case?  If so, I'm thinking then I might have trouble determining which PCUT blades will be the correct ones to buy if I get the new blade holder for it.  I'm confusing myself with this I'm sure, so can anyone shed any light on if there's a difference between the blades used in the older PCUT's and the newer PCUT model holders?  Thanks Everyone! 

I'm sure if you went into EBAY,  or a search engine..  You could find your info.  they do show pictures of the blades and say how big they are.  And the holders. 

Hi jmonica don't know if you found a new holder or not I have a Pcut that will be a year old in DEC I priced Roland blades several places and they want more for one than you can buy 3 for from USCUTTER ONLY 12Dollars for 3  45degree or 6o degree hope this info helps a Little. I noticed they also had the holder metal version for 50 dollars.  jhelms