signwerx

economy printer for heat transfer

Just getting into heat transfer and need a desktop printer using pigment inks

and not die.  Limited funds but want to do quality short runs.  Can anyone reccommend

what to buy and where?  Thanks,  Phillip

I have the Epson C120.  Very inexpensive.  I bought mine full price at 69.00 a while back so I'm sure they've gone down.  The Epson website has sales every so often on these printers (and more) for around 30.00!  You might want to check the website just in case.  I've printed many transfer shirts with my printer and JPSS paper and haven't had any complaints. 

Guest sciondrgn

I picked up a C120 for $35 and Free Shipping direct from Epson.. Not a bad printer but doesnt compare quality wise to my RX600 or my CL but the designs do last on the shirts hehe :thumbsup:

I have purchased both refurbished C88+ and C120 from the Epson site in the past. To my eye the 120 is superior in print quality. The C88+ uses 4 of the TO600 series cartridge, while the C120 uses 5 of the 68/69 series cartridge. I do not perform a lot of ink transfers and as a result..in spite of attempts to not; end up with clogged print head issues. I'm ashamed to admit I've come to think of these refurbs as throw away printers and have done just that to two of C88+(s) in the last year. I'm down to my last one and will probably look at the Kodak low cost cartridge pigmented ink printer if/when the need arises.

Hmmm, just looked up the C120 on Epson's website and it has been discontinued.  Guess I should have looked on the website first before suggesting it.  Sorry.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback guys!  Was on a we3bsite last night that had an epson1900

for just over $400.  Can't remember where I saw it.  Thought I saved it...  Guess not :thumbsup:

Still need help...Phillip