Sign in to follow this  
prestonservco

Yep, another registration mark question........

Ok, so I've been reading all the posts that I can on registration marks.  By the way, thanks for all the information - it's been VERY helpful. 

During my "research" I downloaded a registration mark from somebody's post.  Again, thank you.  It works great.  So great, I wish I knew how they made it. 

I understand that basically any shape will work. And, I understand how to select multiple colors in the cut screen.  I'm not having any problems with that. 

But, the registration mark I downloaded automatically cuts in all layers without any "selecting" on my behalf.  Just wondering how the mark was made to do this.

rego.SBD

rego.SBD

The registration mark is a vector too, nothing different then any other vector you use to cut!

And if this vector is on a layer it will be cut.

Paco

Yeah, I get that.  But these particular marks show up on ALL color layers when cutting - I don't have to select a unique color for them.

It seems most people place their mark next to the graphic.  Make it an off color - like purple on a black and white vector.  Then on the cut screen, in order to cut the black, they select black and purple to get the registration mark.

This is different.  When I import the reg. mark, I don't have to give it a color.  It displays black, but shows up on EVERY color layer when in the cut screen.  It's great.  I'm just trying to figure out how to do it.

Thanks for the response Paco.  :(

I just created my own registration marks. I created a .60 square, then place a .50 circle in side of it it in a different color. then I duplicated those and spread them out to about an 8" width. This seems to work for most graphics. Then I selected both regs marks, and grouped them together. I then Exported them in and EPS format and saved them in a folder. By doing them as an eps save file you can be working on a graphic and halfway through decide you need a registration mark, and import it into you graphic. If you use an SBD you have to open that first and add to it, I haven't found a way that you can import an SBD file yet.

Kevin

Yes you can add it later.  I do the same as you with saving the reg. mark as its own SBD file. 

When I'm getting ready to cut, go to FILE, OPEN, Select the file, Check APPEND, and voila - adds it to the graphic.