Sign in to follow this  
vianyl

Best Solution for wet application

Pitkin,

One thing you might try to do since the static is attracting your vinyl off the table when you move it over is take a piece of scotch tape and tape down the edeges of your backing paperl.

Another trick that might help with the static is a anti-static wrist band that computer repair people use. it will ground you and might help pull the static from the tape and you so that it will not causes as many problems.

i did tape the vinyl down but didn't hlp too much, i shall try the antistatic band though nice idea

hi all, i have been having a similar problem trying to install a piece of vinyl 40cm x 80cm well 3 of them actually, but it just went wrong right from the start, i was using med tack clear app tape, and i just could not get it cleanly on the vinyl it was just sticking to everything before i could get it near, and the static from it was unreal, i only passed it over the vinyl with a space of about 6 inches and the static sucked the vinyl  straight to app tape, i know i need to get some paper app tape but any tips on using the clear as in the near future i need to do some large 2-3 colour vinyls and i really need to use the clear so i can see the reg marks

cheers

When I use the clear app tape,   I actually, lay the clear tape on the table with the adhesive side up, put a little weight on a corner,  like scissors, metal tape measure to keep it down,  then start at one end of the decal, and kind of apply it to the clear tape..    not just lay the whole decal on it,  but kind of roll slowly the decal from one end to the other, smoothing it out as I go. 

also if you want to do layering different colors.  you can still use paper tape,,  do your main decal in paper, and apply pieces of clear tape on the registration marks to see them..

hi all, i have been having a similar problem trying to install a piece of vinyl 40cm x 80cm well 3 of them actually, but it just went wrong right from the start, i was using med tack clear app tape, and i just could not get it cleanly on the vinyl it was just sticking to everything before i could get it near, and the static from it was unreal, i only passed it over the vinyl with a space of about 6 inches and the static sucked the vinyl  straight to app tape, i know i need to get some paper app tape but any tips on using the clear as in the near future i need to do some large 2-3 colour vinyls and i really need to use the clear so i can see the reg marks

cheers

your a genius, why didn't i think of that, that makes so much sense, now you have said it seems to be too obvious lol, i will give both of those tips a go tomorrow as i attempted this 4 times today and have thrown away about 5 mtrs of white vinyl (Cheap stuff thankfully) mostly in temper lol

When I use the clear app tape,   I actually, lay the clear tape on the table with the adhesive side up, put a little weight on a corner,  like scissors, metal tape measure to keep it down,  then start at one end of the decal, and kind of apply it to the clear tape..    not just lay the whole decal on it,  but kind of roll slowly the decal from one end to the other, smoothing it out as I go. 

also if you want to do layering different colors.  you can still use paper tape,,  do your main decal in paper, and apply pieces of clear tape on the registration marks to see them..

Not a genius,,  I just like to think I'm smarter than a roll of tape  LOL   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you trying to say a roll of tape is smarter than me!!! im i am very well edumacated and intaelectrical i'll tell you lol