Kwelp68

Ungrouping Objects in Signblazer??

I can't get this feature to work on some eps files.  For example, simple text that I've done, I don't have a problem ungrouping and taking each letter out or whole sentences.  But some of my graphics, for example 4 different dog silhouettes, I can't seem to split apart.  The unsplitting feature messes up some of the graphics by adding an extra grey color to cut. 

Ungrouping should work, but it is not on some graphics.  Has anybody had this issue or know what I could be doing wrong?  Thanks a lot in advance

when you split an object, the bits that change color are the individual elements. you cannot ungroup a vector, you can only split it. if you are trying to make changes to a design, i suggest you split it, make your changes and then combine it before cutting.

bb

Hey I really really appreciate the reply.  What I'm trying to do is just unsplit 4 simple silhouette dogs from each other that are in one eps file.  Like your saying, when I do that, parts of the enclosed graphic on the silhouettes turns grey giving me another cutting color.  So, basically it takes out detail if I just try to cut the black part of the vector.  If I split the objects, delete the three I don't need, should I be able to combine the one object, and the grey will be gone?

if i understand you correctly you have 4 images on 1 file, (im no expert btw).

Cant you open the eps file in another program i.e illustrator cut the sections up into 4 and make 4 seperate files for each of the silhouttes you have??

Hey thanks for the reply.  I can do this, and if I can't figure out another way, this is what I'll have to do.  The reason I'm trying to figure it out the other way is for two color decals.  I could split the graphic, take out one color, cut the first color, then reopen the graphic to the same size cut the next color.

just split the image then select only the dog you want and combine theen you will have the dog as a seperate vector.

bb

hey thanks again for the reply.  When I get home I'm going to try it again.  If I remember right, I tried to combine just the one dog and the grey that showed up from originally splitting the objects was still there.  I'll try again here and report back.  :thumbsup:

be sure to check at the bottom of the window how many objects you have selected.

bb

You rock cutme!  I don't know what I was doing before, but it worked like a charm.  Cheers man.  :thumbsup:

it helps when you read the signblazer learning guide. :thumbsup:

bb

Who me? Read the instructions? I'm a guy for pete's sake!

Charlie

LOL Thats almost as bad as stopping to ask for directions

it helps when you read the signblazer learning guide. :thumbsup:

bb

any idea where you get these instructions from as i think it would really help me if i had some sort of guide,

cheers

it was installed on your computer when you installed signblazer. look in the program files.

bb

it was installed on your computer when you installed signblazer. look in the program files.

bb

any idea of the file name as i cant find anything resembling a tutorial/guide in the program folder for SB??

Guest oldthredz

you can also duplicate the picture several times then pick one go to node edit and delete the ones you dont want to keep

you may have to get outh the disk and install it, but here is where mine is.

bb

post-2091-12986542300982_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986542309842_thumb.jpg