Sign in to follow this  
CAG101

05 Ford Mustang Stripes

Help please.

I just get a request for a set of Ford Mustang racing stripes for a 05 Mustang GT, and I can't find them anywhere.  This is a last minute job, and I'm stressing.  This is for a Chrysler dealer here in town and I really can't afford to loose this contract.  Can anyone help?

They are basically rectangle shaped pieces - ends have to be marked and trimmed on the car on the ones I have done.  I don't cut on the car - position and mark for overlap or reveal and cut with scissors before removing backing.  It's a time consuming job the first time - mine took me a week to do.  I have tried making custom cut to fit pieces but so far have failed to get any patterns that work right.

The ones I did were solid 10" stripes with 1-1/4 space between them.  I did one overlaping the end of the stripes and I did another with a 1/8" reveal.  I like how the reveal looks better.  One had a hood scoop -Pain in the A$$ if you got one take it off and stripe it - lots of heating and pulling to make it lie down around the front and the curves.  Where the windshield jets are may or may not be within the stripe area (depends how wide he wants the stripes) - if it is - pull them out and put them back after you stripe.  I have seen 8" through 12"+ width stripes and some have smaller stripes on either side of each large stripe.

I did a search and found this site

http://www.graphic-express.com/k_lemans_racing_stripes.asp

I don't know anything about them - but the pics may help if you tackle making your own.  Just have extra vinyl cause a few are going to be sacrificed to the learning curve.

Good Luck

-Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info.  I figured that I would have to go commando on it. But I was hoping that there was a actual template. I greatly appreciate any info.