prettybird

How do I remove a cut line on a vector?

I downloaded a vector and it seems to have a cut line going through one area that I don't want there.  I am using Flexisign pro 8.1.  Can someone please tell me how to remove it?  I tried to upload the image but it said I can't upload that type of file.  It's saved as a flexi FS or PD file.  Thanks for the help!

try save as eps. then you can upload the file and someone can help.

bb

do you know how I can save as an eps?  When I click save as in Flexi, it only gives me one file type option.  Thanks

Well, I got it to export as an eps but now it says it's too large to attach.  How do I make it smaller?  Thanks

resize the vector file down toa smaller size then export as eps. then do not save the changes to the resized file.

bb

I made the size to .1 inch and it's still like 584kb so it still won't load.  I don't know how to make it any smaller than that.  Is there another way besides just resizing it?  I appreciate your help!

I downloaded a vector and it seems to have a cut line going through one area that I don't want there.  I am using Flexisign pro 8.1.  Can someone please tell me how to remove it?  I tried to upload the image but it said I can't upload that type of file.  It's saved as a flexi FS or PD file.  Thanks for the help!

I have Flexistarter,,  so yours should be close,, How I edit is...  click file...  now go down to workspace, dropdown box opens and change it to Casmate,  the screen will change a bit, so don't be alarmed,  now at top of screen,  click edit, and go down to edit point.> point selector.  Now take your curser to the area you want to get rid of, click it, and start backspaceing the nodes off. , if you take too much, just go back to EDIT and click undo..  just test around with it, you will get the hang of it..  then when done, don't forget to change your workspace back to default,  ALSO after your design is corrected, save it..

Thanks for the info.  I tried to click on the line to get the nodes to show up, but they show up everywhere except on the line I need them to show up on.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

if there no nodes,  then it should not cut there at all.  Is it really cutting there?  or are you just seeing a line there?

I've had the same thing happen to a file created in Corel and sent to CutStudio software. I couldn't get rid of it because it wouldn't show up in nodes. I thought OK if it doesn't show in nodes then it shouldn't cut, so I sent it to the cutter. Needless to say, it cut the line there anyway. I'd like to know where it comes from and how to get rid of it too. Only happened the one time although I've opened other files and seen a line running across it before

it may appear that there are no nodes present, but in fact if you get just one node by itself, you will have to zoom in to find it but it will be at one end of the line or the other.

bb

Thanks Cutme I'll have to take a closer look myself. Do you know why it happens in the first place?

actually I looked at this design for prettybird..  the lines she is referring to are connected to the designs, they are actual nodes and part of the design And the design appears to be in more than 1 layer, and there are unpteen nodes on all lines... just continous nodes piled ontop each other,,  When I tried to edit the nodes that she wanted removed, it just started tearing the design apart, as it is all connected to those lines. I suggested to get a different design...

prettybird, if you want to email me at importsonly@att.net i will take a look at your graphic and see what i can do to help.

bb