Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

Please help with my Roland, won't turn on

Hi, I have a Roland SC500 and I printed something, then moved the start point over to print something else and then it had a motor error and said I needed to turn off the power.  So I turned off the power and then when I turned it back on, it started feeding the vinyl forward and wouldn't stop.  I tried pressing the pause button but it seemed to be stuck and just kept rolling the vinyl forward so I had to just unplug it before it unrolled the whole role.  Now it won't turn back on.  Any ideas on what to do now?  Any help would be appreciated.  I need to get it back on right away.  Thanks!!

NO power at all??  Well, you did say motor error,, so possibly the motor just quit.. There should be a reset  on the cutter, if it powers up..,  maybe reset on motor also,  don't know anything about a roland,  just shooting some possibilites at you.. :thumbsup:

No power at all.  It has had a motor error a couple times before and was fine once I turned it off and back on.  The instruction manual says this error is caused by a paper jam, but there was not jam that I could see.  I will look for a reset button.  I hope the motor didn't quit.

You should completely disconnect it from the wall... Let it sit and then plug it back in, see if you can get it into diagnostic mode and run a test function.

You should completely disconnect it from the wall... Let it sit and then plug it back in, see if you can get it into diagnostic mode and run a test function.

We did just that - competely disconnected and let it sit - then plugged it back in and it turned on and is working fine now.  Must have reset itself?  I did a quick cleaning on it, and did some test printing and it all looks good now.    Thanks for the help!

Yeah Rolands need that "hard off" now and again... I am glad I could help, I have some Roland experience and if I can ever be of any help just let me know!