Sign in to follow this  
kellysims

MH1351 Many cutting problems

I have a MH1351 and it is giving me alot of trouble. When I am trying to cut vinyl the cutter will run fine for a min. and then it will stop, feed more vinyl through the cutter and cut a line until the vinyl runs out or until you stop it, or just go crazy and start running backwards and spit the vinyl out the way you feed it in! I am running ArtCut to cut the vinyl and CorelDRAW to create the image. Sometimes the cutter will run fine ond other days it is going crazy!!

If any one could help me on this problem that would be great help....

Have you tried cutting with a different software and/or cable connection on the plotter to see if you have the same results? You can download a free trial version of signcut at www.signcut.net If you are still having problems after that contact us and we can go through some more troubleshooting.

Not speaking on behalf of USC,  are you using a usb connection?  I've seen these go whacko before and it has nothing to do with the cutter.

What cutter did you specify for your plotter?  I found that some of the other chinese cutters when used in place of Roland 1000 work better. The best way to check is to

try different cutter/plotter settings, no vinyl in the machine, and the blade holder slipped out.  Cut a pattern of circles in circles.  You can watch this with the naked eye and see if it misbehaves.    Without PINCHING YOURSELF,  feel or watch the rollers as they roll in/out as the head goes side to side.  If you see this action, then try it again with the pen and paper or even cut some vinyl.

A cheap source of testing material is at office max. Get the rolls of brown kraft package wrapping paper and use this as a plotter and pen test sheet.  It's a sure way to see what's happening without wasting vinyl.

Bill

If you are importing files from Corel into Artcut try saving the file as a .plt extension.

USB can be flaky as mentioned before so try parallel or serial if possible.