Sign in to follow this  
sveny

Ibook G4 not recognizing my new MH 721

I got a new MH 721 today and have been messing around all afternoon trying to get it to work.

I have the new Flex Starter software for my mac. I checked the baud rates  on the software and they are both 9600. I downloaded the usb driver from the website posted in other forum conversations (for mac OSX)

I go to setup properties in Flexi and then to serial for ports. (I have a USB cord I am using).

Under serial pops up the connection --- Serialport 1 USBSerialA70070as

If I unplug my usb it goes away, so the program is obviously recognizing the plotter.

The first time I do a test via the computer in product manager, it will do the test, but it will remain in the waiting list to be plotted, saying it is 0% done. If I try to cut any text or designs it just goes in the waiting list and says 0% . Does anyone know what might be happening? I am really wanting to get started using it!!

Thanks for your help. Let me know if I need to explain anything else to help diagnose the problem.

Am using older Mac G450 with a NEC usb card & the PCUT630 USB  & FlexiCut8 Starter

The card is compliant with both the mac and cutter --the chip set is important, as described in other posts here.

the biggest problem is getting drivers that are "conversive" enough to communicate with both Mac and Dos (pc)

When I got this PC630 with the usb connection, I thought that it would be simple enough to set up, however.. the Flexi would not recognize any usb connections. The USB cable and driver are both very very important on Mac, since dos-pc dont adhere to the strict guidelines as Apple does.

I was about to purchase a Keyspan serial to USB device, and thought to download the software first.

Keyspan USA-19HS  aka  keyspanusadrvr

-- there are several drivers for macosx, if one doesnt work, try another. if that doesnt work, buy the hardware.

once rebooted, the cutter showed up in the Flexi setup and cut as expected.

I found the 19-HS for less than $30 at Amazon, in retrospect, it would have been cheaper to get the Keyspan first, but then I wouldn't have all these extra parts on hand 

Also: every setting is important, I have had it cutting perfectly and the next cut it goes off on a line. I have found that I had inadvertently changed a setting on some occasions. but other times I suspect the usb cord = that came with the cutter & from the mfgr/ I may still get the Kespan cable.

Here's what worked for me.  I'm using a MacBook Pro OSX 10.5.8, Illustrator, Signcut X2 and a MH 721 cutter.  I was using this via straight USB.  Did not work...

US Cutter said to purchase a Keyspan USB to serial device.  I couldn't find that brand specifically, so I bought an I/O Gear USB to Serial.  Worked perfectly!

DO NOT BUY A BELKIN CONVERTER!  The box says that it is Mac compatible, but it does not support OSX.  I tried to install it, but it is written in Classic OS, not OSX.  I was lucky that Staples took it back.

So in summary, yes, your setup would work and I'd be happy to let you know of any complications I had and resolutions.  Just let me know...