Sign in to follow this  
malloryjo

I need help with pricing this very large order!

Hi! I just got asked to do a VERY long poem, vinyl only. The entire piece will be 23" tall x 72" long. There are 312 words in the poem and 1462 letters/characters (no spaces). The letters are about 2" tall. Any suggestions on what I should charge for this! I have no clue on where to even begin with figuring out a decent price. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! THanks so much!

Mallory

Guest round2racing

For that, I would take the following steps....

1.  How much for the entire roll of vinyl?  I would begin the price with that.  For example, if you have a roll of vinyl that cost $20.00, I would begin my pricing there.  Most of my vinyls are in 10ft rolls, so I use the cost of the entire roll if I am using more than half the roll.

2.  How long is it going to take to type, format, layout and weed?  Multiply your time by your hourly rate.  I use a lawyers time in/time out clock for large jobs.  It tells me exactly how long I have spent.

3.  Adjust your price from there.

Guest round2racing

I am closer to $100, but it all depends on your location as to where your pricing will land, I guess.

$99.80 I'm coming up with in my sign pricing software, sign craft suggests $127 for my hourly rate which is $65/hr, well i try to stick to it lol

Just do $100 and you'll be good  :thumbsup: